Senior Engineer, Supplier DevelopmentApply
The Senior Engineer, Supplier Development (Sr SDE) works collaboratively with Supply Chain (Sourcing and Supplier Quality) to develop, support and execute highly strategic projects and initiatives that align with quality and supply chain strategic objectives. This Senior Engineer, Supplier Development plays a key role in building long-lasting relationships with Suppliers to enhance business growth by developing and implementing a wide range of the most effective set of quality and improvement systems knowledge, tools, and methodologies that focus on the assessment of new and prospective suppliers, while also overseeing the systemic performance of our strategic supply base.
As a Senior Engineer, Supplier Development, you will development supplier performance metrics, managed the supplier development process, create yearly targets and formulate plans to achieve those targets. The Sr SDE is a key enabler to ensure the company meets its quality and delivery targets. The job requires applying diversified technical knowledge of lean manufacturing, quality, and engineering along with a strong business acumen and ability to influence others. #li-remote
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to sourcing and development of suppliers with respect to capabilities, performance, quality, cost, and delivery.
- Lead new supplier qualification audits for strategic suppliers by utilizing best in class processes and tools as well as a wide range of technical, quality and business knowledge.
- Assess supplier's capabilities / equipment and recommend areas of improvement to meet Sleep Number quality expectations.
- Responsible for the development of supplier KPIs, management of the process, and development of the yearly targets and individual plans to achieve those targets.
- Develop training material and educate suppliers in Sleep Number internal processes to achieve optimal alignment with Sleep Number manufacturing plants, hubs, engineering, and supply chain organization.
- Collaborate closely with Supplier Quality Engineers (SQEs) and Sourcing team on quality improvement programs ensuring the supplier is implementing systemic quality management system (QMS) controls.
- Lead supplier development projects with select suppliers enabling systemic process improvements driving higher supplier QMS Capability Index scores.
- Innovate and lead cross functional teams in development and deployment of consistent supply management related policies, processes and procedures to enhance the Sleep Number Quality and Supply Chain Management practices with a focus on standard work.
- Responsible for the content of the Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) system.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience is required. Experience in manufacturing environment is preferred
- 3 years’ specific to supplier quality / development preferred
- Experience and knowledge of the role of Supply Chain and Project Management
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification preferred
- ASQ Quality Engineering (CQE); Manager of Quality Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE); or Supplier Quality Professional (CSQP) certification preferred
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex projects
- Advanced knowledge in quality systems, methods and practices; ISO 9001, APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA and PPAP
- Advanced problem solving and analytical ability
- Balance between strategic thinking, planning skills as well as decisiveness and achieving results
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
- Self-Starter with the ability to drive improvement, meet timelines and objectives
- Strong influential leadership
- This role is open to a fully remote worker. Otherwise, the role will be based at our Headquarters location in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Up to 25% travel may be required, including international
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative