Senior Director, Supply Chain and Fulfillment PlanningApply
This position is a key player in improving lives by enabling an outstanding customer experience while leveraging efficient use of resources (inventory, labor, transportation, etc.) and reducing waste. The position is critical in enterprise leadership of Planning and Analytics for supply and fulfillment of customer demand. This position will direct the team responsible for Material and Finished Good planning and Manufacturing and Assemble to Order (ATO) scheduling functions. This role will lead and execute key strategies to meet the business requirements and evolve our supply chain planning capabilities to serve customer and shareholder needs. Cross functional partnership and alignment will be key to the success of this position.
- Strategic leadership of the inventory planning and management of goods across the entire Sleep Number network from international and domestic sourcing to delivery across the United States
- Create visual data models which illustrate various future scenarios of demand and supply in order to engage operating teams to game plan and practice their potential action steps in preparation for a wide variety of potential versions of actual demand
- Is responsible for planning and ordering strategic movement of goods and inventories across the entire supply chain into customer homes
- Ownership of long and short-term forecasting plans and improvements to help scale, sustain and automate business processes
- Ability to analyze & implement game plans for finished good & material inventory needs, cultivation & production planning, and demand forecasting to maintain balance between fulfillment and replenishment needs
- Develop analytical and planning capabilities across the enterprise through development and use of accessible tools
- Works, in partnership, with Sr Demand Planning Manager to understand demand signals and impact on manufacturing, assembly sites, distribution centers and supplier capacities
- Minimum of 10+ years of continuous career progression in planning and analytics disciplines. Focus on supply chain and distribution management operations with direct impact to the customer experience via procurement, inventory, manufacturing, scheduling and operational planning
- Experience preferred in Retail and Manufacturing industries; hard goods, soft goods and technology products are all applicable
- Experiencing leading and influencing diverse teams across multiple geographies is required.
- BA/BS in Business Management, Supply Chain, analytical modeling or related field. Graduate experience preferred
- Experience in strategic functional planning and organizational change management in supply chain and and/or operations management.
- Planning, modeling, inventory, and production scheduling.
- Ability to simplify complex analytical conclusions to communicate cross functionally and direct action up and down the enterprise
- Strong knowledge of analytical techniques and supply chain ERP systems, bolt-on and custom tools/applications, and emerging process capabilities
- Ability to effectively manage complex supply chain structure and work in a fast paced, global environment
- Experience in Lean processes and advanced inventory planning
- Progressive skillsets leveraging game theory, multivariate analysis, machine learning and big data analytics are desirable.
- Exceptional analytical and data management skills; training in statistical methodology with a high comprehension in Applied Statistics.
- Proven leadership skills - experience in developing and leading a team that works cross-functionally.
- Strong leadership abilities with demonstrated ability to lead and influence across all levels and functions.
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: ability to communicate effectively at all levels across the company; ability to consolidate and effectively present data and information.
- Willingness to embrace and drive change; innovative problem solver
- Some travel required when necessary (10%)
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative