Senior Director, Platform EngineeringApply
The Sr. Director of Platform Engineering will be overseeing the platform engineering capability to deliver on Sleep Number’s brand promise with a mindset of simplified user experience, always-on and access-anywhere.
- Evolve Sleep Number’s platform engineering strategy, aligned to and prioritized by company and business objectives
- Lead a team of leaders and their platform engineering teams who are responsible for managing Sleep Number’s software, applications and technology platforms.
- Responsible for integrating platform engineering across Sleep Number including development planning, execution, continuous improvements as well as direct responsibility for budgeting, planning and hiring
- Be an expert at understanding and designing using leading-edge emerging platforms with a mobile-first mindset
- Lead, build, motivate, develop and manage a high performing engineering teams to develop, operate data-driven, innovative, secure capabilities & technologies.
- Lead a culture of continuous improvement and innovation; maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies, continually assess the impact of emerging technologies against strategic business needs.
- Provide deep business and technical leadership to the organization
- Develop strong partnerships with all stakeholders
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among new business capabilities, operational excellence and innovation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Progressive experience leading Software or Application Engineering teams
- Experience in Retail, Commerce and Web & Mobile Apps development
- Forward-thinking strategic leader with deep platform engineering mindset, passionate about talent development, who will lead the introduction and adoption of retail technologies and constantly changing customer expectations
- Knowledge and experience in DevOps, Cloud, Product Centric thinking and industry leading technology trends such as:
- Cloud service offerings in Azure and AWS
- Configuration management tools such as Terraform, Puppet, SaltStack, Ansible etc.
- Platform as a Service (Container Orchestration, Observability, CI/CD etc.)
- Quality engineering and automation
- Modern security practices
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills with the ability to synthesize key points based on the audience.
- Experience leading through leaders to drive outcomes while empowering others
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative