Senior DevOps EngineerMinneapolis, Minnesota Apply
The Sr.DevOps Engineer’s primary function will be to implement to tools and framework for a modern CI/CD pipeline. This includes modernizing the legacy environment where it makes sense as well as building a new cloud and container optimized platform.In this role at Sleep Number, you will be the primary SME in a team of 4 engineers to help advance this transition.This is a unique opportunity for you to take your knowledge in this space and build something out, almost from scratch.
- Help to build out the automation for the hosting services team, which includes the Windows/Linux OS platforms, Storage platforms and DB platforms.
- Roadmap, architect, and collaborate with development teams to build out and transition to an automated CI/CD pipeline
- Own all the tools that make up the new CI/CD platform, as well as work to onboard teams in an immersive format
- Thought leader across multiple teams and technologies to drive change into teams to move towards and infrastructure as code approach.
- Provide coaching and recommendations for Agile methodologies
- Coach and mentor legacy infrastructure team member in practices such as versioning, branching, testing, release, etc.
Key Performance Indicators
- Using automation to reduce operational workload to support teams.
- Fully Automated configuration management
- Automated repeatable processes
- Fully automated CI/CD pipeline that other teams can leverage and is provider agnostic
- Providing a unified environment for developers
Experience, Education & Certifications:
- 5+ years of server OS automation experience
- 5+ years of infrastructure automation experience
- 2+ years cloud experience
- 4 years college degree or equivalent work experience
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years total work experience
- Has knowledge of state-of-the art cloud development practices in both private and public clouds and experience leveraging development practices with modern languages
- Experience with the Hashicorp product suite
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible
- Experience in Linux and familiar with building private cloud infrastructure and API’s for infrastructure shared services
- Experienced in Infrastructure as Code practices and in applying test driven development practices to infrastructure
- Excited to work in a fast-paced agile environment
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Experience with open source technologies such as Telegraf, InfluxDB, Grafana, Mongo, Postgres, etc.
- Experience with CICD tools such as Jenkins or Drone
- Experience with containerization technologies
- Experience with orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes
- Office environment requiring a minimum of 8 hours sitting or standing
- Rotational On-call
- Off hours Production maintenance windows.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative