Safety & Compliance Manager - Field ServicesApply
The role of the Safety and Compliance Manager is responsible for the guidance and direction on the planning, implementation and operations of the Field Services safety and DOT compliance programs. This is a position that requires a highly driven leader to produce world-class safety results across many market locations throughout the entire US. This role will provide direct and indirect leadership to a broad team to achieve those successful and sustainable safety and DOT results & program commitment.
- Lead in the development of the safety culture across the Field Services team through benchmarking and implementation of best-in-class industry standards for training and tools.
- Oversee the OSHA worker comp and lost workdays incident rates.
- Gain influence over DOT processes, compliance and policies for Field Services and working teams; guide in the development and refinement of the DOT program to meet FMSCA’s standards.
- Ensure DOT internal processes are followed and meet DOT regulations and requirements by working with cross functional business partners (HR, Legal) to update and share industry and government requirements (Driver files, reporting of HOS, Pre/Post Inspections, Truck Maintenance files, MVRs, etc.)
- Lead in the development of safety, DOT, and compliance training
- Manage a team responsible for delivering the safety and DOT programs and standards.
- Participate in the monthly company safety meeting and ongoing Field Services incident reviews with the field teams and other cross-functional partners.
- Build a safety scorecard to track and assess safety performance and results. Provide coaching and training recommendations with the field teams for ways on reducing injuries, accidents & incidents. (injuries, accidents, driver safety analytics)
- Create auditing practices for safety and DOT required standards and conduct periodic audits across markets and within specific aspects of compliance to assess effectiveness with a focus on continuous improvement and adherence.
- Stay current on safety and DOT regulations and industry standards; attend and participate in industry seminars and affiliations to build network and leverage colleagues to gain insights on best-in-class practices.
- Four-year BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of progressive safety management experience
- 1 - 3 years’ experience with DOT regulations, fleet safety & compliance programs and/or Final Mile preferred
- 1 - 3 years’ experience within Field Services, retail, logistics or supply chain preferred
- Safety and DOT certifications preferred, not required
- Solid understanding of safety and DOT related regulations and industry standards
- Ability to lead a team, in person and remotely, Team oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Influence without authority and drive change with business partners
- Ability to present and communicate to a variety of audiences
- Collaborates; takes partners when needed; builds a cross-functional peer group
- Innovative, creates recommendations for new concepts or programs to improve safety and DOT programs
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Takes action/initiative; self-driven; makes decisions with little direction
- Flexible/adaptable to the changing needs of the work environment or seasonality of the business; demonstrates ability to prioritize multiple projects and/or deadlines
- Strong follow-up, attention to detail, and strong organization is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver difficult messages when warranted
- Computer skills preferred (all MS Office Suite)
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative