Promotional AnalystMinneapolis, Minnesota Apply
The Promotional Analyst will be executing against the current promotional strategy, producing meaningful insights and evaluations of programs utilizing advanced analytic techniques and data mining to be more effective and efficient with planning and decision making.
- Support the Director of Sales Promotions with the annual operating plan process, via analytics and data, identifying opportunities for tactical investment and operational efficiencies.
- Work extensively with Director of Sales Promotions to inform, provide guidance relating to the promotional strategy and make sense of complex information to tell a story.
- Own the promotional/event performance results, effectiveness, ROI measurement, and business analysis to uncover actionable insights and provide recommendations for maximized profitability
- Identify ROI and incrementality of additional tier 2 level promotional programs (US Events, Insiders/Loyalty, Medical Professional, Military, etc). Assess effectiveness to maximize profitability and present consolidated results to business partners.
- Partner with cross functional teams gathering insights from broader data sources to develop business and promotional opportunities.
- Develop and operationalize recurring reports in support of the promotional events.
- Manage and prioritize promotional ad hoc analysis related to events/programs.
- Achievement of blending soft skills with analytical skills to proactively identify insights to help drive Promotional strategy and drive actions with cross functional business partners.
- Successfully develop, manage, test, and meet deadlines surrounding promotional events that improve sales, margin, ROI, and measure and meet KPIs and the goals/directives of the promotions team.
- Oversee the design, delivery of reports and insights along with ad hoc analysis in a timely and high-quality manner that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Math, Statistics, Economics, Marketing, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline
- 2-4+ years of business or quantitative analytics and/or finance
- Experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue and other key business outcomes.
- Experience with presentation design and verbal communication that delivers the meaning behind the data that drive meaningful discussions with business leaders.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Highly proficient with Excel, relational databases, statistical modeling understanding, and other business intelligence tools as the technical expertise
- Ability to think through complex issues, determine proper analytical procedures, derive conclusions and share results and recommendations
- Strong communication skills including ability to translate insights into actionable recommendations and communicate complex analyses.
- Proven skills in data-driven decision making and analytical abilities, with strong attention to detail.
- Analytical thinker with a natural curiosity
- Ability to extract data from multiple sources
- Ability to multitask various simultaneous projects
- Project management skills preferred
- Experience with retail or promotional (discounts, financing, pricing) analytics preferred
- Knowledge and experience in an area of big data preferred
Working Conditions (if applicable):
- Standard office environment
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative