Project Manager, Product DevelopmentApply
This is a project management position supporting New Product Introduction within Sleep Number's Product Development function. As a Project Manager, Product Development, you will be a part of a growing Project Management Office (PMO). The Project Manager, Product Development role will be leading intermediate to major projects with a cross-functional and diverse team to ensure that projects are executed in accordance with our PMO guidelines and best practices.
The Project Manager, Product Development will play a significant part in new product development initiatives. Responsibilities include end to end project management through planning, organizing, leading, facilitating and communicating activities within our cross-functional team, balancing Stage Gate/ waterfall and agile methodologies, and ensuring team members and stakeholders have on time and relevant project performance updates, including progress, risks, action items and change requests. #li-remote
- Lead major new product development projects and/or support sub-projects within programs in coordination with the overall project goals and objectives to ensure projects are executed effectively in line with the established Project Management process, tools and best practices to drive overall project governance.
- Develops detailed project schedule that outlines the activities, tasks, risks, resources, and milestones and leads cross functional teams in a matrixed environment to deliver product development projects on time, in scope and on budget.
- Establish effective project communication strategies including developing and presenting project performance reports, to keep team members and stakeholders informed of the project progress.
- Provide options and scenarios to overcome obstacles and conflicts by developing alternatives with rationale that is consistent with facts, constraints, and predicted consequences.
- Manages and analyzes risks, mitigations and change requests to ensure all parties are informed of the impact on scope, schedule, and resources and the appropriate level of sign off is obtained.
- Conduct ongoing project and process evaluations to identify efficiencies and apply lessons learned to help improve project and team performance.
- 3-5 years’ experience in product development discipline, engineering, manufacturing, customer service, retail sales, sales operations or marketing required; minimum of 2 years’ experience in a product development role
- Knowledge of Lean, Agile and Stage Gate/ Waterfall development methodologies
- Skilled in Microsoft office suite with knowledge of Microsoft project
- Demonstrate the capability to build cohesive high-performance cross functional teams, improve processes and communicate effectively with cross functional partners and executives.
- PMP® certification as well as PRaM, Obeya Boards and Gemba Walk toolsets preferred.
- Team-oriented and strong interpersonal skills; ability to build trust, rapport and influence others within the team and cross-functional teams.
- Not charged with making decisions but insuring decisions are being made on time and by the assigned owner.
- Knowledge/exposure to general product development practices
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing deadlines and multiple priorities
- Strong critical thinker that understands the dependencies and critical path within projects and timelines
- Exceptional ability to present & communicate technical information in an understandable way to all levels and groups of the organization.
- Strong follow-up, organization skills and attention to detail and strong organization is a must.
- This role is open to a fully remote worker and will otherwise reside at Sleep Number Headquarters location in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Operate standard office equipment, requiring continuous and repetitive arm, hand, and eye movement.
- Ability to travel <5%
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“We have the freedom of a start-up to explore new technology and methods, backed by a strong company like Sleep Number.”Abhishek, Director of Analytics