Project Manager of Supply Chain OptimizationMinneapolis, Minnesota Apply
Sleep Number is seeking a highly qualified Supply Chain Optimization Project Manager. This position is key in driving and executing Sleep Number’s transformative supply chain initiatives. The role partners in the identification, and then leads the execution of complex cross-functional initiatives and projects focused on furthering the transformation and continuous improvement of the supply chain. The Project Manager will be an organizational driver of change and improvement by working closely with key leadership and functional experts on project scoping, resourcing, creation of project plan and disciplined execution to plan. The role provides analysis, insights and recommendations on approaches to key strategic business challenges related to all aspects of the supply chain.
- Lead supply chain continuous improvement projects; employ fact-based decision-making tools and analysis to extract and analyze information to identify root causes and solution recommendations.
- Implement large scale organizational change efforts including business case development, solution design, project plan development, pilot and complete rollout, and sustainable controls.
- Directly partner with supply chain leadership and functional experts to make and guide strategic decisions, evaluate long-term opportunities to support business strategy, financial performance and effective resource utilization.
- Develop operational decision support tools including executive dashboards and leading indicators for continuous improvement and monitoring
- Presents recommendations and progress reports to senior and executive leadership
- Leverage and institutionalize Lean principles to enhance the Customer Experience
Key Performance Indicators:
- Delivering project on time, within budget and according to quality
- Project charters strongly advance organizations strategic goals
- Projects are designed and delivered with a balanced focus of margin expansion, growth enablement and customer experience focus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- BS degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration
- 7-10 years supply chain project management experience with an emphasis on distribution, transportation, and warehousing across a network
- Expertise in warehouse management systems, procedures and best practices
- Experience in opening and closing of warehouse and distribution centers
- Lean & Six Sigma experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification a Plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of formal project management methodologies with direct leadership experience from scope through implementation and control.
- Strong analytical skills and natural affinity to analyze & mine data for problem solving
- Track record of discovering and delivering process improvements via Lean and Six Sigma methodologies, including leading Kaizen activities.
- Proficient in the use of statistical modeling, financial modeling, other analytical tools and Microsoft Office suite
- Extensive computer skills including Excel, Visio, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Minitab, Access, and Project
- Ability to use strong decision making and problem-solving skills, logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solution, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Knack for anticipating both technical and functional impacts and requirements.
- Demonstrated competency as a change agent, with management of small teams across the organization & supply chain
- Strong interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal), and leadership skills required in order to effectively communicate initiatives and drive key business initiatives through the leadership team, non-exempt populations, and cross functional teams
- The ability to adapt, learn and become proficient in multiple systems and detailed processes quickly
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with great time management skills
- Ability to operate on tight deadlines with multiple priorities that are subject to frequent change
Working Conditions (if applicable)
- Ability to travel 15-50% of the time
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative