Program Manager, Sleep Number ControlsApply
The Program Manager, Sleep Number Controls has the amazing opportunity to help lead the enterprise-wide development and delivery of Sleep Number controls. Sleep Number’s integrated controls platform is the power behind our fully adjustable sleep experience. It enables our customers to set their Sleep Number setting, control their adjustable base, and most importantly, is the gateway of the SleepIQ technology platform. This is not just a bed; it is proven quality sleep and the Sleep Number controls is what makes it all possible. In this role, the Program Manager, Sleep Number Controls will coordinate, manage, and execute detailed timelines that will combine both waterfall and agile project plans; electro-mechanical device development, embedded systems development, end to end vertical organizational development and validation timelines. This role demeans significant coordination of integrated program timelines in partnership with cross-functional teams as we move society forward through meaningful features and benefits. Leading development timelines will require strong project management capabilities, communications skills, business acumen and engagement through all phases of the development cycle and will include regular reviews with senior management to ensure alignment on business objectives and resource allocation.
- Work in partnership with the Product Development Manager of Sleep Number Controls supporting the development, validation, launch and ongoing maintenance of the SleepIQ electrical and firmware platforms.
- Partner with the offshore and onshore SleepIQ development teams to build integrated cross-functional timelines and define clear handoffs both technically and within program level dependencies.
- Develop and manage the interdependencies of the SleepIQ® technology device and embedded system platform – driving the development pipeline and major programs including feature advancements and end of life support for all of Sleep Number’s smart products.
- Manage both the continuous engineering and the new product development programs in parallel.
- Understand the SleepIQ technology platform to help bring engineers and product owners together to properly scope, define level of effort, prioritize, and implement.
- Manage the cross-functional timelines to ensure projects are on track and on budget to deliver against the requirements – ensuring the company can continue to deliver continued growth.
- Drive the backlog development, prioritization, timelines, and management of all requirements ensuring coordinated work across all workstreams
- Own program level dependencies to define program level risk assessments and develop mitigation plans or contingencies as needed.
- Develop leadership level schedule and status reviews to ensure critical paths and program level risks can be communicated clearly.
- Audit and inspect multiple workstream project managers to coordinate and facilitate key program level handoffs and platform level integration tasks to keep projects on task and on time
- Actively resolve any open issues within market and new products coming to market, working cross functionally with business and supply partners
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background in engineering, program & project management, communication, bringing technology-based products to the consumer market, and program level leadership.
- 5+ years’ experience; technical project/program management, product management, product development experience is ideal.
- Experience and strong knowledge of a stage-gate development process, agile software development and waterfall hardware development processes is required.
- Proven track record of bringing forth and executing projects on time and on budget.
- Experience managing electronics and software product platform desired – proven track record of managing a waterfall hardware platform in parallel to an agile software platform.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or business required.
- Project/program Management certificate desired.
- Skilled in the Microsoft office suite
- Understanding of connected cloud-based product platforms
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence and SharePoint
- Understanding of modular design concepts – both Mechanically and via Software
- Knowledge of FCC, UL and ETL
- Strong cross functional leadership: demonstrated ability to engage teams and external partners to generate expected results.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically in a high energy, fast paced environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal, influencing, and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Excellent organizational skills – ability to prioritize – multi-task oriented.
- Attention to detail – with strong critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation.
- Experience in working with globally dispersed teams.
- Ability to travel 10% - 15% of the time
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“We have the freedom of a start-up to explore new technology and methods, backed by a strong company like Sleep Number.”Abhishek, Director of Analytics