This Product / Project Manager role plays a critical role in driving innovation and leadership for the Sleep Number brand. The role combines project management and product management roles. On the Project Management side, the role is tasked with planning, organizing, leading, facilitating, and communicating activities within our cross-functional team, balancing Stage Gate/ Waterfall, and Agile methodologies. Then the Product Management side the role will gather feedback from consumer insights, evaluate the competitive landscape, gather inputs from product development, field expertise and other constituents to define strategic vision, product lifecycles. This role will oversee a new and emerging product Category ay Sleep Number. #li-remote
- You will evaluate business opportunities and strategy for a key product segment
- You will partner with consumer research to identify consumer insights to bring increased consideration to Sleep Number including identifying trends and completing competitive analysis
- You will establish effective project communication including developing and presenting project performance reports, to keep team members and executive stakeholders informed of the project progress
- You will Develop detailed project schedules that outline the activities, tasks, risks, resources, and milestones
- You will lead cross functional teams in a matrixed environment to deliver product development projects on time, in scope and on budget
- You will develop and provide options and scenarios to overcome obstacles and conflicts by developing alternatives with rationale that is consistent with facts, constraints, and predicted consequences
- 5+ years product management experience for consumer products.
- 5+ years experience in project management development minimum of 2 years experience in a product development role.
- 4 year undergrad degree in related field; engineering, design, marketing, communication.
- Exceptional background in product strategy, project management and communications.
- Capable of leading Lean, Agile and Stage Gate/ Waterfall development methodologies.
- Skilled in Microsoft office suite with knowledge of Microsoft project
- Track record of building cohesive high-performing cross functional teams, improve processes and communicate effectively with cross functional partners and executives.
- Retail (in store/digital), consumer goods and/or manufacturing experience preferred.
- PMP® certification preferred.
- Proven track record of bringing forth and executing innovative consumer products.
- Experience working within technical environments.
- Experience managing large-scale, cross functional development projects.
- Capable of influencing indirectly demonstrated ability to engage teams and external partners to generate strong results.
- Exceptional interpersonal, influencing, and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Team-oriented and strong interpersonal skills; ability to build trust, rapport and influence others within the team and cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Strong critical thinker that understands the dependencies and critical path within projects and timelines.
- Exceptional ability to present & communicate technical information in an understandable way to all levels and groups of the organization.
- Strong follow-up, organization skills and attention to detail and strong organization is a must.
- Operate standard office equipment, requiring continuous and repetitive arm, hand, and eye movement
- Ability to travel <5%
- This position is open to a remote worker; otherwise the seat will reside at our Headquarters location in Minneapolis, Minnesota in a hybrid capacity
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“We have the freedom of a start-up to explore new technology and methods, backed by a strong company like Sleep Number.”Abhishek, Director of Analytics