At Sleep Number we are improving lives every day by helping people sleep better every night. Learn more about a company that’s championing a health and wellness revolution with quality sleep at its core. Join our Procurement Team for a 12-week internship experience responsible for assisting supply chain team in meeting both departmental and corporate objectives.
This individual will have the opportunity to become an instrumental part of the daily supply chain activities, including process development, KPI analysis, Procurement department scorecard, and benchmarking.
- Conduct and report out on benchmarking exercises to understand best practices around procurement analytics and KPIs
- Design and create procurement dashboards that the Global Procurement Team will use to manage their Categories and Suppliers performance
- Partner with the Global Procurement Team to develop and publish process and procedure documentation to support corporate policies
- In close collaboration with Strategic Sourcing Managers, develop holistic Category Strategies for Sleep Number’s most critical categories
- Access and navigate Oracle Item, Purchasing and Sourcing modules as required
- Maintain the Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) system as required
- Interface with the suppliers on delivery and quality targets
- Perform data collection, spreadsheet creation, and data analysis
- Assist sourcing team with various purchasing, data loading, and analysis as required
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Self-starter/action oriented (Drives Results)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strives to meet the requirements of internal/external customers (Customer Focus)
- Works well with diverse teams across the organization (Values Differences)
- Demonstrate capability to work with some ambiguity (Being Resilient)
- Ability to balance high-quality standards with schedule pressures and the ability to work both independently and within a team (Instills Trust)
- High level of integrity, professional attitude, reliable and dependable (Accountability)
- Strong analytical, structured problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High aptitude for technical writing
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to understand the big picture as well as pay attention to detail
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Working knowledge of PowerBI and other reporting/visualization tools
- Knowledge of SharePoint site and page design required
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) a plus
Experience, Education & Certifications:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree or masters degree from an accredited college/university majoring in Supply Chain Management.
- Two years of completed coursework by May 2022
- Oracle Experience is a plus
Additional Program Details:
- Competitive compensation
- Full intern summer events program highlighting our field, stores, and corporate experiences.
- Campus Ambassador opportunities
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative