Principal Solutions ArchitectApply
The Solutions Architect provides software design, engineering, and architecture leadership for the next generation of business applications at Sleep Number. The ideal candidate will have a passion for architecting feature-rich, intuitive, experience-focused digital products to delight our internal and external customers. The Solution Architect will be able to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and partner closely with a team of technologists and product managers to develop innovative solutions and tools with a “customer first” mindset.
Responsible for creating a comprehensive architecture for software solutions with the Enterprise Architect and providing strategic direction throughout the development process.
- Ensure that the new solutions fit into the existing enterprise architecture from the functional, technical, user and non-functional perspectives such as security and performance.
- Advise all the teams involved in the development projects and know how every product and service works in an architecture framework.
- Oversee successful delivery of a quality end products to its end users.
- Primary stakeholder in choosing the right technology to effectively accomplish the business goals and outcomes
- Responsible for translating the vision for the project to the development team and plays a pivotal part throughout the entire systems development lifecycle.
- Lead alignment and governance across the engineering teams. Advise leadership about industry best practices, trends, and technology, influencing the overall IT strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or other related fields required. Master’sDegree preferred.
- Progressive software development experience in dynamic, fast paced environment
- Experience applying enterprise and data integration patterns using SOA, API’s, microservices, event-driven and data-driven approaches
- Deep experience in implementing Microsoft Azure cloud architecture and services.
- Experience integrating on-premise ERP, CRM, and other business applications with the cloud, to build systems of engagement that deliver modern and effortless user experiences
- Extensive knowledge/experience with cloud-native architecture principles and patterns, such as scale-out architecture, loosely coupled systems, microservices, containers, stateless systems, CI/CD, cloud integration technologies, API management, Message Queueing, Event Driven Architectures, and Cloud PaaS solutions
- Experience with performance profiling and tuning of APIs
- Experience with continuous delivery, including Test- or Behavior-Driven Development, code reviews, static analysis and continuous integration using automation tools
- Experience with mobile and responsive UI / UX design principles and patterns
- Certified or experience with Enterprise Architecture Frameworks such as TOGAF, and experience with IT Governance frameworks such as ITIL or COBIT
- Creative problem solver, with strong analytical skills
- Collaborative aptitude and experience working in a fast paced, ever-evolving environment
- Technical leadership experience on medium and large-scale initiatives is desired
- Experience working with agile/scrum methodology required
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across a variety of audiences, both technical and nontechnical
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative