Principal Data ArchitectApply
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 13 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
Sleep Number Enterprise Data and Analytics team is looking for a Data Architect to directly support our Analytics capability as well as to play a key role in representing the data domain in our Enterprise Architecture practice. You should be able to help us enhance our data capabilities and create a competitive advantage. Your passion for data architecture principles is infectious and inspires the teams to engage, inspect, adapt, and continuously improve. You are highly organized with positive energy that fosters a great team dynamic and the strong interactions that define a winning team. This position requires active participation in the modeling techniques for conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Drive and define an overarching data architecture vision and strategy to maximize the optimization of data assets for the enterprise
- Define, implement, and govern data architecture standards on behalf of the enterprise
- Design, develop, and test data models to support both analytical and operational needs at the conceptual through physical level
- Build and maintain an enterprise view of Sleep Numbers data assets and system interfaces
- Work directly with product and business stakeholders to understand their respective requirements and translate them into data architecture solutions
Key Performance Indicators
- Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Attention to Detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Follow-Through on Commitments: Lives up to verbal and written agreements.
- Agility: Can bounce between projects day to day
- Proactivity: Brings their unique perspective and recommends solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Data related field
- 10++ years of data experience
- Experience building out enterprise architecture framework
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to assess current source systems and create an integrated multi-domain model.
- Experience with data engineering/streaming tools and approaches is required (i.e., Talend, Informatica, Kafka, Spark Streaming)
- Experience in creating data models based on complex business entities
- Ability to work across stakeholders and communicate clearly
- Understanding of implications of various consumption models (reporting, advanced analytics including machine learning).
- Excellent problem solving skills required
- Flexibility/Adaptability is required, especially when working as a team
- Experience in delivering solutions based on Agile principles
- Describe physical conditions and requirements
- Note travel, if applicable
Pay & Benefits
WELLBEING AT SLEEP NUMBER, WITH SLEEP AT THE CENTER
Improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep starts with you. We strive to infuse wellbeing into all aspects of our culture championing your emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health.
By joining Team Sleep Number, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive wellbeing package including, but not limited to comprehensive health plan options, 401(k) Plan with discretionary company match, incentive eligibility paid time off and much more:
- A free Sleep Number 360® Smart Bed for team members, and additional product discounts for friends and family throughout the year.
- Emotional wellbeing resources to help you balance life, such as free access to therapy, family care concierge and discounted childcare.
- Financial support when you need it the most - paid parental leave, time to recover from an illness or injury, and saving for lifes expected & unexpected adventures.
- Opportunities for connection in and outside of work through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council, and volunteerism in our communities.
- Career development supported by our tuition reimbursement program. and continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative