Online Chat Professional
When a customer buys one of our smart beds, it’s just the beginning. You’ll cultivate relationships, solve challenges and share your passion for wellness and quality sleep.
- Full-time First/Second Shift
- Entry Level
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
We’re looking for a special kind of customer service professional. See if you have the right mix of traits.
- Good Listener
“I have never worked for a company that has so many opportunities for career advancement. I’ve received three promotions since I began my career here.”Justin, Service Recovery Specialist
The Digital Experience Sales Professional is a Sleep Number brand ambassador serving as the front line for customer experience sales interactions via live chat. They are responsible for meeting established sales goals by understanding customer needs and matching them to product solutions while utilizing the Selling by Numbers sales process. They also assist customers in completing website transactions to enable Ecommerce to consistently achieve its revenue goal.
- Answer multiple incoming sales chats at a time in order to close sales
- Utilize Selling by Numbers sales process to guide customer interactions
- Exceed sales goals as established by the Digital Experience Manager
- Effectively explain product and promotional details
- Accurately capture and record all customer information necessary to conduct business
- Recommend, assist with, and/or implement process improvements
- Attend and actively participate in all scheduled coaching, training and certifications
- Communicate relevant feedback (productivity or customer related) to the Digital leadership team
- Ability to back up customer service chats and emails as necessary
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 1-2 years sales experience preferred; experience in a call center or live chat environment a plus
- Experience with operating multiple computer programs at the same time
- Proven ability to multitask effectively
- Excellent understanding and consistent usage of proper grammar when interacting with customers
- Must be able to maintain proper etiquette, demonstrate patience and consistently strive for a positive attitude in order to facilitate calm, positive and productive interactions with customers
- Excellent reading comprehension abilities with the insight to quickly and easily read others through written cues
- Demonstrated ability to respond appropriately and professionally to customers, coworkers and other departments
- Dynamic and engaging communication skills, both written and verbal; must be able to understand written and verbal instructions in English as well as demonstrate proficient online writing/typing skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and interpersonal communication skills
- Enthused about servicing Sleep Number owners and dedicated to finding individualized resolutions
- Desire to be on a team and foster positive relationships with the Sleep Number family
- Demonstrated work ethic; ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work independently in a fast-paced environment; able to work under pressure and effectively manage stress
- Energizing self-starter who is results driven and skilled in autonomy with the desire to succeed in an individualized sales environment
- Interest in new media, consumer-generated content and digital influence
- Willingness to participate in cross-functional collaborations
- Intermediate computer skills required (data entry, email, customer relationship management software)
Rewards & Benefits
Full benefits within 30 days; we’ve got you covered mind, body and soul
Competitive hourly rate; annual incentive plan; 401(k) plan + match
Small, close-knit team that feels like family; everyone is committed to providing the highest level of customer service
Set schedule, paid company holidays and paid time off
Prepare for future opportunities at Sleep Number with our tuition reimbursement program
Discounts on our innovative, award-winning products that truly make a difference in customers’ lives
The Application Experience
Applying for a position with Sleep Number? Here’s a quick overview of the process and some tips to help you be successful.
Complete an online application
Get to know us better
- You’ll spend about 30 minutes talking to one of our recruiters on the phone; they will share more information about our company and culture as well as the role and its requirements. They will also ask some questions about your previous experience.
- You’ll have the chance to talk through your work history, how you’ve made an impact in the past and why you’re interested in joining our team
- Have dedicated time available without disruptions
- Relax and be yourself; we value individuals!
- Take the time to tell your story (work experience, what gives you a sense of purpose at work)
- Spend some time thinking about questions you have for us
- After this step, your recruiter will let you know if you’re moving to the next step
- Congrats! You’re moving ahead in the process and are meeting with the hiring leader and (if applicable) others in the team. Depending on the role, this interview may be in-person or via video chat.
- Tell me about a time you exceeded a customer’s expectations
- Tell me about a time when you had to admit to your leader that you weren’t very good at something.
- Describe when or where you learned the most about your stengths and weaknesses
- Talk with your recruiter about how to prepare
- Relax and be yourself; we value individuals!
- Be on time and dress professionally (even for a video chat)
- Be ready to share how much you’ve learned about Sleep Number
- Spend some time thinking about questions you have about us
We’ll ask you a series of behavior-based interview questions trying to gauge whether you’re a good fit for the role and the team. Here are some examples:
After the interview
- Your recruiter will follow-up so you know what to expect; in some cases, there may be additional interviews
- If you’re selected for the position:
- Your recruiter will work with you on your offer and start date
- Certain roles require additional steps between the offer and start date (e.g., background check); if that’s the case your recruiter will provide more information
- Your recruiter will follow up with you regularly before your first day
About our Location
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.