Manufacturing Quality Test EngineerMinneapolis, MN Apply
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 14 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
The Diagnostics Lab Engineer is key in diagnosing failure modes and driving root cause analysis in field returned product. They are responsible for reporting root cause findings to project teams and different cross-functional areas. In addition to reporting responsibilities, the Diagnostics Lab Engineer will also trend collected failure data and communicate to leadership any recommended actions to further reduce quality issues. The Diagnostics Lab Engineer will work closely with Diagnostic Lab Technicians and help facilitate workload, upkeep, maintain, and continuously improve the capabilities of the Diagnostics Lab.
Lead and Execute Diagnostic Lab Activities
- Ensure QC flagged product aligns with project team priorities
- Diagnose and track new failure modes
- Timely diagnosis of field failure returns
- Facilitate the workload within the Diagnostics Lab
- Develop or Improve SOPs for new products or emerging failure modes.
- Development effective test protocols to identify failure modes and reach root causes of defects
- Improve technical lab capabilities to ensure Diagnostic Lab continues to provide meaningful diagnostics data to the organization
- Create and maintain data collection databases that ensure timely and meaningful communication of failures
Cross Functional Reporting
- Lead or participate in daily, weekly, monthly communication meetings between project teams and business leaders to help facilitate understanding of failure modes and root causes of defects
- Recommend effective solutions for discovered failure modes
- Validate effectiveness of implemented solutions
- Bachelor's degree in electrical discipline – engineering, technical or similar.
- 5+ years of work experience preferably in failure analysis or electrical testing lab
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving mindset, and technical aptitude
- Experience in Root Cause Corrective Action
- Strong Project Management skills
- Able to travel up to 25%.
- Certification in Design for Six Sigma, Reliability Engineering, or any other formal problem-solving process
- SQL or database management experience
- Understanding of metrology and maintaining certified test equipment
- Ability to code in database languages
- Inspection & Testing: The ability to use proven tools, techniques, and methodologies to inspect products, measure process performance, perform product verification and validation testing, and to provide feedback reporting as required. Utilize this competency within the framework of the measurement, analysis and improvement aspects of the quality management system.
- Ability to work on a cross-functional team
- Must be a strong team player
- Strong analytical skills and natural affinity to analyze & mine data for problem solving
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and complete deliverables
- Extensive knowledge in Excel, Visio, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Minitab, Access, and Project
Our company's purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of society.
Wellbeing is more than a catchphrase - it's a movement that permeates our company and through our team members. We are dedicated to enhancing and supporting the wellbeing of our team members and their families through benefits, programs, and resources across our five wellbeing pillars of emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health, with sleep at the center.
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical and pharmacy benefits, dental, life and disability insurance, a matched 401(k) Plan, paid time off, and much more.
Examples of how we invest in your wellbeing:
Sleep - Our 360® smart bed for team members, and discounts on our innovations and sleep solutions for yourself and friends and family throughout the year.
Physical - Wide range of wellbeing resources and services through our medical plans to improve your physical health.
Emotional - Access to mental health resources, caregiving support, paid time off and parental leave to support your emotional wellbeing. Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Financial - Competitive base and variable pay programs, ability to save for the future through a matched 401(k) plan and financial support to recover from an illness or injury.
Community - Paid time off for volunteering and connections to our communities through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives, and support for charitable causes.
Career - Opportunities for career development and continuous learning, including a tuition reimbursement program.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.
No other jobs are related to this one but you can stillView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.