Manager, Public RelationsApply
As we focus on becoming the world leader in health and wellness through quality sleep, we are poised for accelerated brand growth. The Manager, Public Relations will assist in the design, development, and execution of breakthrough communications strategies and programs that amplify the Sleep Number brand broadly. Additionally, the role will own science / health and wellness-related communications, building credibility with health and science publications, clinicians and potential brand partners. It will also support other consumer PR initiatives to amplify memorable brand moments that build awareness, engage and empower brand advocates, strengthen corporate reputation, and grow brand love.
- Public Relations strategy: Responsible for the creation of proactive and reactive media relations strategies, building and growing relationships with national and local editors and reporters, and amplifying company priorities (e.g. product, consumer, and other major brand milestones) that drive Sleep Number brand break through.
- In particular, the role will focus on promoting awareness of our health and wellness initiatives and building credibility with multiple audiences (health and science media, clinicians, potential brand partners).
- Agency management: Provide strategic direction and oversee public relations agency relationships and contractors to achieve public relations objectives efficiently and effectively.
- Executive positioning: Proactively identify opportunities for senior and functional leaders to engage in public and media relations that will drive brand breakthrough; support the design and execution of leadership positioning plans; coach leaders for impact.
- General communications: Lead communications projects managed in the department as appropriate, including research, analysis and planning. This also includes providing investor relations and legal communications support, as required, in conjunction with the Head of PR and Communications.
- Content design, creation, and management: Create public relations plans and materials to support simple and prioritized communications, including press releases, fact sheets, bylined articles, messaging documents, speeches and other communications materials.
- Relationship management: Manage relationships between department and other company functions to create prioritized communications for internal and external audiences.
- 6-8 years’ experience performing a public relations and/or corporate communications role for a complex business in a rapidly changing environment or relevant agency experience
- Experience with med-tech communications, technology and health and wellness communications
- Experience with direct media relations and comfortable as brand spokesperson
- Experience executing executive communications programs, including speechwriting, media and presentation coaching, and issues counseling
- Experience with cross-functional collaboration including paid / social media, finance, legal and human resources functions
- Ability to develop strategic communications to advance the goals and objectives of the organization
- Degree in journalism, communications, public relations or liberal arts preferred
- Exceptional written and spoken communications skills
- Deep knowledge of public relations trends and social media
- Thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing, results-oriented environment.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key constituencies: media, community, shareholders, employees
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative