Lead Data EngineerMinneapolis, MN Apply
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 14 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
Sleep Number SleepIQ Data and Analytics team is looking for a Lead Data Architect to focus on designing, building, and implementing data processes, pipelines and flows for advanced analytics solutions. You will lead a team of Jr Data Engineers and develop data models, ML models and operational processes to manage data at rest and in motion for all analysis processes needed by the Analytics Team. You will operationalize the data management for analytics platforms aimed at improving our ability and understanding of the SleepIQ customer experience and business drivers. This role will play a critical role in empowering business decisions that deliver world-class, personalized sleep experiences for our customers across Sleep Number experiences.
- Provide day to day leadership and guidance to a team of Data Engineers/contractors using Agile processes
- Ingest, clean and process large-scale structured and unstructured data; develop data flows and pipelines and machine learning models to drive user engagement and retention with Sleep Number products and applications
- Design, develop and implement data integrations and flows using Hadoop, Hive, Spark (Java, Scala or Python), messaging (like Kafka), Spark stream analytics, Event hub, ADF/ Apache Airflow Cloud-based batch processes.
- Analyze and profile data sources to identify value and gaps in data to meet the needs of data analysts
- Develop data models, meta data, and entity-relationship diagrams
- Setup data quality audits, monitoring and resolve quality gaps at all levels of data.
- Setup and configure cloud data infrastructure such as storage, data factories (such as Azure Data Factory), compute nodes and other data resources.
- Install and uninstall resources and services in AWS and Azure clouds
- Collaborate with Data Architects, DevOps and other IT support organizations to build, develop and operationalize data processes.
- Present solutions and technical analysis in a concise format to both technical and non-technical audience
- Design, build, and oversee the deployment and operation of technology architecture, solutions and software to capture, manage, store and utilize structured and unstructured data from internal and external sources
- Develop and utilize technical tools and programming that leverages artificial intelligence, machine learning and big-data techniques to cleanse, organize and transform data and to maintain, defend and update data structures and integrity on an automated basis
- B.S. in a technical major such as computer science, computer engineering, mathematics or engineering
- 10+ years of experience with large-scale cloud based (Azure or AWS) Data Engineering, Big Data Analytics platform building team
- Extended experience with programming languages like Python, Java/Scala
- Proficiency in SQL, PL-SQL, SQL Server, T-SQL scripting or similar RDBMs system, preferably in a cloud environment
- Experience with Databricks, Delta-Lake, No-SQL such as Cassandra, COSMOS DB or similar cloud Databases.
- Experience in Analytics, data modelling in the IOT or consumer digital space focused on mobile first applications
- Hands on experience with statistical analysis, visualization, and data mining tools such as R and Python
- Proficiency in Power BI (or Tableau) and other similar enterprise level visualization tools
- Other scripting skills (Power Shell), JSON, Spark, Kafka in Azure or AWS environments.
- Experience in developing ML models, AI services, Azure Power Apps, Embedded Reporting Apps, API development.
- Working knowledge of GitHub/Azure DevOps, CI-CD with version control processes
- Experience with Data Security, Encryption and Privacy compliance standards
- Demonstrated ability to assess current source systems and create an integrated multi-domain model.
- Experience with data engineering/streaming tools and approaches is required (e.g., AWS, S3, Databricks, BLOB, SparkSQL, Hive)
- Experience in creating data models based on complex business entities
- Ability to work across stakeholders and communicate clearly
- Understanding of implications of various consumption models (reporting, advanced analytics including machine learning).
- Excellent problem-solving skills required
- Flexibility/Adaptability is required, especially when working as a team
- Experience in delivering solutions based on Agile principles
Our company's purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of society.
Wellbeing is more than a catchphrase - it's a movement that permeates our company and through our team members. We are dedicated to enhancing and supporting the wellbeing of our team members and their families through benefits, programs, and resources across our five wellbeing pillars of emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health, with sleep at the center.
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical and pharmacy benefits, dental, life and disability insurance, a matched 401(k) Plan, paid time off, and much more.
Examples of how we invest in your wellbeing:
Sleep - Our 360® smart bed for team members, and discounts on our innovations and sleep solutions for yourself and friends and family throughout the year.
Physical - Wide range of wellbeing resources and services through our medical plans to improve your physical health.
Emotional - Access to mental health resources, caregiving support, paid time off and parental leave to support your emotional wellbeing. Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Financial - Competitive base and variable pay programs, ability to save for the future through a matched 401(k) plan and financial support to recover from an illness or injury.
Community - Paid time off for volunteering and connections to our communities through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives, and support for charitable causes.
Career - Opportunities for career development and continuous learning, including a tuition reimbursement program.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.
No other jobs are related to this one but you can stillView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“We have the freedom of a start-up to explore new technology and methods, backed by a strong company like Sleep Number.”Abhishek, Director of Analytics