Sleep Number is an innovation leader in sleep with a distinct brand personality and high standards of executional excellence. Our Training team is charged with designing and developing training for team members to serve customers who engage with our brand via web, chat, phone, store and in-home.
The Instructional Designer will design and develop learning solutions for a variety of audiences using the best method (self-directed, instructor-led or blended) for team members to learn how to deliver top-notch sales and customer service experiences.
- Works with leaders and subject matter experts to determine if training is an appropriate solution for the opportunity, and if so, obtains information required to determine objectives and training components.
- Creates training solutions based on learning objectives, instructional design methodologies and in a style that exemplifies Sleep Number’s brand personality and standards.
- Architects training to be delivered via the most effective method – self-directed, facilitator-led or blended that supports the unique needs of the learner and business.
- Partners with team members to ensure content accuracy and proper functionality of content within the learning management system (LMS).
- Manages project timelines and coordinates with team members and partners to meet project deliverables.
- Closely collaborates with Training, Product, Operations, Human Resources and Technology teams.
- Evaluates effectiveness of training programs and makes recommendations for improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, HR, communications, education or related field.
- 3-5 years experience in instructional design, preferably within retail, customer service or other customer-facing industries.
- Proficiency in e-Learning authoring software required – primary: Articulate 360/Storyline and Rise
- Multimedia development experience in rich media tools required (e.g., Adobe Captivate, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office 365 suite).
- Experience working with learning management systems – content management, learner reporting, administration.
- Knowledge of Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) standards (e.g., SCORM, xAPI) preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of adult learning principles and instructional design processes (e.g., ADDIE).
- Proven track record of designing and developing e-learning/computer-based training.
- Excellent creative and analytical skills and the ability to convert information and needs into practical training deliverables that are both instructionally sound and visually appealing.
- Strong consulting capability and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven writing skills, including the ability to write concise, creative and effective instruction.
- Proficiency in developing soft skills, sales, customer service and/or systems training.
- Technical skills to advance learner experience using a variety of modalities – i.e. micro learning, video, social, gamification, user-generated content, mobile platforms.
- Skills to measure effectiveness of training and return on investment (ROI).
- Self-starter who possesses exceptional project and time management skills with great attention to detail.
- Works well independently and as a member of a team.
- Global thinker who performs well in high-pressure situations in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Nimble and embraces change enthusiastically.
- Is open to, proactively asks for, and acts on feedback received for continuous improvement.
- Ability to provide examples of course design/training development work.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative