Home Delivery Driver
You’ll impact customers in a big way — from smart bed assembly to technology demos — setting them up for an amazing experience and proven, quality sleep. This is a career filled with autonomy and independence, as well as the opportunities and support you need to drive your career forward.
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
We’re looking for a special kind of Home Delivery professional. See if you have the right mix of traits.
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
“If you stay diligent and work hard, you will progress here. Before you know it, you’ll look up and will be further along than you thought or imagined.”Jaquwan, Home Delivery Driver
As a Field Services Technician with Sleep Number, you will strive to deliver a “wow" experience to each and every customer. Our Field Services Technicians not only deliver this exceptional product, they also provide our customers with quality service that includes assembly and demonstration of the Sleep Number Bed ® and other Sleep Number products. Additionally, our Field Services Technicians will visit existing customers to provide warranty services and conduct trouble shooting. We take pride in our products and are passionate about how it improves our customers’ lives.
- Conducts service visits in customer's homes delivering, relocating, assembling and repairing products to specifications with an expectation to personify Sleep Number’s customer experience standards
- Presents the bed/system in a manner that validates the sale by the customer, establishing confidence in the product’s features and benefits
- Operates a company and/or leased vehicle, meeting safety and DOT standards
- Completes a daily vehicle inspection report, in accordance with DOT standards
- Ensures that all daily schedules and work assignments are properly completed
- Accurately reports work completion or status of assignments that were unable to be completed, including reason, reschedule information and follow up required
- Ensures that all work is conducted in an efficient, quality and professional manner
- Ensures all standard operating procedures are adhered to; commits to training path to keep up with our ever-evolving product line
- Works on a team with a co-worker, and/or provides guidance to a temporary worker who will support the daily tasks
- Ensures tools, boxes, products, and vehicles are placed in a safe place so as not to injure technicians or customers
- Communicates effectively with customers, co-workers and supervisors; including text, calls, emails, and other methods of electronic communication
- Embraces, advocates and models Sleep Number’s goals, mission, vision and values
- Complies with all safety rules, regulations and training; maintains safe working conditions
- Performs other job-related duties as required by business needs
- Previous furniture or appliance delivery and installation experience preferred
- Customer Service experience required
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude required
- Possess first-rate communication skills – for both internal and external customers
- Ability to service customers and demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
- Must be able to follow standard operating procedures
- Must have a valid driver’s license (CDL not required) and clean driving record
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check, DOT Physical, physical abilities test and drug screen
- Possess the ability to follow safety procedures
- Ability to operate a company vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions
- Must be able to work with common hardware and power tools
- Knowledge in Smartphone technology and basic understanding of wireless networks
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required
- Must be able to lift up to 200 lbs. with help of a lifting partner multiple times per day
- Must be able to perform repetitive bending and twisting motions
- Must be able to push/pull and lift at or above chest level
- Must be able to climb in and out of the cab and box truck and move mattresses up and down staircases
- Must be able to perform firm hand grips of >50lbs consistently
- Must be able to work in an environment conducive to changes in temperatures, both indoor and outdoor
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible schedule, including weekend, evening and holiday hours and seasonal spikes in volume – the number of hours/day are dependent on the number of deliveries (5 -11 average/day) scheduled
- Must be comfortable working autonomously with direct leadership often remote, leveraging smart phone technology and email for the bulk of the communication to peers and supervisors
Compensation and Benefits
At Sleep Number, we believe that by embracing individuality amongst our employees, we create a wonderful and memorable experience for our customers. We provide flexible schedules and an excellent paid training in a supportive environment. The Field Services Technician role comes with a competitive hourly pay, plus bonus potential and excellent benefits!
Other benefits of the Technician role include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) Plan with Company Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Plan with Quarterly Payout Opportunity
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Issued Smart Phone
- Employee Discounts
- And Much More!
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
This is the start of something big — because we give our home delivery professionals every opportunity to thrive in their role and beyond. Where will your path take you?
Rewards & Benefits
Home delivery bonus plan with quarterly payout opportunity; 401(k) plan + match
Full benefits within 30 days
Small, close-knit team that’s committed to a common goal: making the customer happy
Paid time off and company holidays
Prepare for future opportunities at Sleep Number with our tuition reimbursement program
Companywide platform makes it easy to give and receive feedback + regular contests and incentives
The Application Experience
Applying for a position with Sleep Number? Here’s a quick overview of the process and some tips to help you be successful.
Complete an online application
Get to know us better
- You’ll spend about 30 minutes talking to one of our recruiters on the phone; they will share more information about our company and culture as well as the role and its requirements. They will also ask some questions about your previous experience.
- You’ll have the chance to talk through your work history, how you’ve made an impact in the past and why you’re interested in joining our team
- Have dedicated time available without disruptions
- Relax and be yourself; we value individuals!
- Take the time to tell your story (work experience, what gives you a sense of purpose at work)
- Spend some time thinking about questions you have for us
- After this step, your recruiter will let you know if you’re moving to the next step
- Congrats! You’re moving ahead in the process and are meeting with the hiring leader and (if applicable) others in the team. Depending on the role, this interview may be in-person or via video chat.
- Tell me about a time you exceeded a customer’s expectations
- Tell me about a time when you had to admit to your leader that you weren’t very good at something.
- Describe when or where you learned the most about your stengths and weaknesses
- Talk with your recruiter about how to prepare
- Relax and be yourself; we value individuals!
- Be on time and dress professionally (even for a video chat)
- Be ready to share how much you’ve learned about Sleep Number
- Spend some time thinking about questions you have about us
We’ll ask you a series of behavior-based interview questions trying to gauge whether you’re a good fit for the role and the team. Here are some examples:
After the interview
- Your recruiter will follow-up so you know what to expect; in some cases, there may be additional interviews
- If you’re selected for the position:
- Your recruiter will work with you on your offer and start date
- Certain roles require additional steps between the offer and start date (e.g., background check); if that’s the case your recruiter will provide more information
- Your recruiter will follow up with you regularly before your first day
About our Location