The Financial Analyst role is part of the finance team that provides business support to an assigned function. This role is responsible for delivering timely and accurate operational and financial reporting, variance analysis and commentary, be a subject matter expert on reporting/forecasting tools, and ad-hoc analysis and projects that drive business decisions. Additionally, the position will also play a role in month-end close activities.
- Prepare and distribute key operational reports
- Prepare and process journal entries at month end
- Present results for the assigned area in the financial month end close meeting
- Prepare monthly business review materials
- Develop the annual operating plan and quarterly forecasts for the assigned area
- Project work including business case development for operational and capital projects, support for supplier negotiations, metric development and “deep dive” analyses, and other senior management support
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 1-3 years’ experience of reporting and/or financial analysis experience
- Familiar with business intelligence tools (Power BI), knowledge of accounting system (Oracle) and Hyperion Essbase preferred
- Advanced skills in utilizing Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Ability to navigate a fact paced environment and embrace ambiguity
- Self-driven, persuasive and independent with attention to detail & follow-up
- Effective written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to present in front of peers and management level stakeholders.
- Able to work in a team environment and independently
- Strong financial modeling, reporting and data analysis skills
- Demonstrated time and project management skills; ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines
- Flexibility to handle new responsibilities as assigned
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative