Engineering Change AdministratorMinneapolis, MN Apply
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 14 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
The Engineering Change Administrator works within the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) team. The PLM team’s role is to create, define, enrich, and maintain items so that they are accurate for Sleep Number’s ERP System. In this position, you will work cross functionally with Product Development, Engineering, Sourcing, Planning, Compliance and Manufacturing to gather the information required to complete Oracle system work accurately and in a timely manner, resulting in Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) being released within established timelines. In addition, you will lead cross functional training, manage completion of ECOs, and drive continuous improvements in the ECO process.
- Execution and completion of Engineering Change Orders (ECO), Deviations, and all other Configuration Management activities
- Act as a Master Data Steward in the areas of ECOs and Part Master functionality
- Manage the status of items as they move through the product lifecycle.
- Perform weekly and monthly audits to analyze existing data for discrepancies and make corrections to achieve data integrity
- Demonstrate understanding of the New Product Introduction (NPI) cycle as it relates to the creation and change management of Items and Bill of Material (BOM) structures
- Analyze and prioritize Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) to maximize efficiencies
- Participate in the development and continuous improvement of the change management process
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with cross functional partners to ensure timely release of ECO's
- Take a lead role in data review and cleansing
- Take a lead role in training new members of the team and providing management updates on progress
- Take a lead role for sustaining (current product) engineering changes
- Demonstrate working knowledge of how an order moves between Siebel and Oracle
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience may offset degree requirement
- 2+ years’ experience in master data management including configurations and complex BOM structures
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc)
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
- Self-starter with ability to drive improvement, meet timelines, and objectives
- Attention to detail and data accuracy
- Ability to work in or lead cross functionally, with customer driven focus and sense of urgency
- Have courage to challenge/ask questions regarding process and procedures
- Positive to Coaching
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP
- Experience using More 4 Apps, DataLoad or other data load software
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a Change Management process or running a Change Review Board
Our company's purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of society.
Wellbeing is more than a catchphrase - it's a movement that permeates our company and through our team members. We are dedicated to enhancing and supporting the wellbeing of our team members and their families through benefits, programs, and resources across our five wellbeing pillars of emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health, with sleep at the center.
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical and pharmacy benefits, dental, life and disability insurance, a matched 401(k) Plan, paid time off, and much more.
Examples of how we invest in your wellbeing:
Sleep - Our 360® smart bed for team members, and discounts on our innovations and sleep solutions for yourself and friends and family throughout the year.
Physical - Wide range of wellbeing resources and services through our medical plans to improve your physical health.
Emotional - Access to mental health resources, caregiving support, paid time off and parental leave to support your emotional wellbeing. Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Financial - Competitive base and variable pay programs, ability to save for the future through a matched 401(k) plan and financial support to recover from an illness or injury.
Community - Paid time off for volunteering and connections to our communities through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives, and support for charitable causes.
Career - Opportunities for career development and continuous learning, including a tuition reimbursement program.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.