DOT Compliance Associate ManagerApply
This position is primarily responsible for Field Services Department of Transportation (DOT) compliance and operational programs and processes to ensure Sleep Number meets all minimum Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMCSA) requirements. This will entail working with the DOT, 3rd party vendors, Field Services team members and cross-functional partners to enhance the DOT compliance program and refine standard operating procedures. Additional special projects will be assigned as needed, such as: key operational projects, program implementations/transitions and informal communication projects.
- Lead and provide oversight of the Field Services DOT compliance program; own & deliver DOT compliance plan (i.e. implementation & oversight of Telematics, regulation changes that impact Sleep Number, DOT training programs, etc.)
- Research and monitor regulatory changes and update policies, SOPs, training and operational processes accordingly
- Responsible for collaborating with communications team for ongoing DOT communications; partner with Legal, Field Services leaders and Human Resources to publish & maintain current DOT policies & SOPs relevant for Field Services.
- Act as primary point of contact related to DOT, fleet safety equipment & supplies; SME for DOT safety & compliance requirements & adherence
- Educate and train Field Services leaders with regards to DOT compliance policies, process and operations
- Independently solve problems and exercise judgement and discretion pertaining to Field Services damage & insurance, auto claims; work in partnership with cross-functional partners to review and provide appropriate actions with insurance claims.
- Conduct fleet safety audits and assessments, develop customized reports and safety manuals, and deliver regulatory related training
- Maintain accident and fleet files as required by DOT; review and monitor fleet insurance claims through closure of cases
- Develop analytical reporting and provide insights to drive efficiency and cost savings to various field services program performance (Telematics, Hours of Service (HOS), vehicle utilization, fuel reporting, auto insurance claims, DOT accidents, etc.)
- Partner with Human Resources to conduct annual Driver Motor Vehicle for Field Services; manage ongoing compliance related to DOT medical cards and valid Driver’s License for drivers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Four-year BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
- 1 - 3 years experience with DOT regulations, fleet safety & compliance programs and/or Final Mile preferred
- 1 - 3 years experience within Field Services, retail, logistics or supply chain preferred
- Takes action/initiative; self-driven; makes decisions with little direction
- Flexible/adaptable to the changing needs of the work environment or seasonality of the business; demonstrates ability to prioritize multiple projects and/or deadlines
- Strong follow-up, attention to detail, and strong organization is a must
- Collaborates; takes partners when needed; builds a cross-functional peer group
- Computer skills preferred (all MS Office Suite)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver difficult messages when warranted
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Team-oriented and strong interpersonal skills, collaborative
- Innovative, creates recommendations for new concepts or programs to improve safety programs
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative