Director, Software EngineeringApply
The Director of Software Engineering, partners cross-functionally to execute the technology strategy and roadmap for Sleep Number’s integrated digital capabilities, with the outcome of enabling business scale and connected experiences.
- Lead engineering teams who are responsible for digital capabilities across Sales, Service, Commerce, Supply chain, and Fulfillment, with a mindset of user experience, always-on and access-anywhere.
- Be an expert in understanding leading-edge technologies, drive awareness of how those connect to our business, and ability to design for the future.
- Responsible for leading the technical integration across Sleep Number’s cross-functional teams, development planning, execution, continuous improvements as well as direct responsibility for budgeting, planning, and hiring.
- Manage the design/build/test/release process end-to-end. Establish, refine, and continuously improve formal engineering development processes, procedures, and metrics to meet company objectives.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among new business capabilities, operational excellence, and innovation.
- Provide deep business and technical leadership to the organization.
- Develop strong partnerships with all stakeholders.
- Lead, build, motivate, develop, and manage a high performing engineering team to build data-driven, innovative & secure capabilities & technologies.
- Accountable for coaching, developing, and holding the team accountable to performance expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Progressive experience leading Software or Application Engineering teams
- Experience building systems of engagement leveraging emerging technologies, common data, APIs and DevOps practices to deliver frictionless, connected, and predictive experiences
- Forward-thinking strategic leader with deep engineering mindset, passionate about talent development, who will lead the introduction and adoption of digital capabilities and constantly changing customer expectations
- Knowledge and interest in technology trends that impacts the business
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills with the ability to synthesize key points based on the audience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across a variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical
- Experience leading through leaders to drive outcomes while empowering others
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative