Director, Real Estate & FacilitiesApply
The Director, Real Estate and Facilities drives Sleep Number’s real estate and facility strategy through an integrated and disciplined market development approach, to assure sustained profitable growth. The role will provide innovative and strategic leadership for all Sleep Number’s retail/commercial/industrial facilities including strategy development and planning, construction management, lease administration, environment health and safety, building maintenance, administrative services and vendor management in coordination with the Vice President - Real Estate, Construction and Facilities.
Real Estate Strategy:
- Drive Sleep Number’s enterprise real estate strategy, and support short-term and long-term real estate plans including lease agreements, construction and facility operations
- Negotiate and monitor all related LOIs and lease agreements, in partnership with internal Corporate Counsel, to assure alignment with strategic goals and expectations
- Contribute to the oversight of all lease administration functions
- Lead project management of all facility-related construction & property maintenance processes for all departments, or new building(s).
Facilities Management Strategy:
- Partner with Corporate, Retail and Supply Chain in the strategy, planning, management, and effective utilization of space for all of Sleep Number’s retail, office and industrial facilities to anticipate current and future real estate needs
- Develop preventative maintenance programs to ensure upkeep of all Sleep Number properties, including on-going and preventative repair/maintenance, central plant, cleaning services, etc.
- Evaluate, analyze, plan and lead the execution of all environmental and sustainability best practices
- Partner with security services for all of Sleep Number’s sites safety and emergency preparedness
- Oversee and provide work direction to vendor and contractor relationships related to commercial real estate firms, lease management, and cleaning management.
- Develop and lead the administrative and food services functions, including café/vending operations, conference rooms and printers and copiers.
- 8-10 years previous work experience in similar position (e.g., Facilities Management, Corporate and Retail Real Estate and Construction)
- Extensive experience securing and partnering with external real estate brokerage services
- Previous experience leading a facilities function
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Facilities management certification preferred
- Experience in Retail and Corporate Real Estate concepts
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to build consensus and influence across levels within the organization
- Able to achieve results in a fast-past, ever-changing environment
- Ability to be flexible and handle multiple projects in an organized, timely manner
- Excellent negotiating, problem solving, process improvement, communication and interpersonal skills
- Successful experience handling both small and large construction projects
- Effective at both the strategic level work and the execution details
- High sense of urgency, outcome oriented, ability to manage several high priorities at once
- Self-motivated, agile and ability to work in an autonomous environment
- Able to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Standard office environment
- May travel up to 25% of the time
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative