Director, Inclusion and DiversityApply
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 13 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
The Director of Inclusion and Diversity will serve as lead champion of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) strategies and practices across the Company. This leader will foster our culture of individuality and belonging by cultivating an environment where everyone is welcomed, valued, and included. This role will oversee the development, implementation and monitoring of Sleep Number’s DEI strategy, including assessment of our opportunities, new and evolving policies, programs, processes, along with effective change management practices to generate commitment from team members and leaders. This leader will be a collaborative partner and trusted advisor to leaders across the company to effectively define and deliver DEI strategies, optimize resources and measure and track progress and effectiveness of DEI initiatives.
- Design and develop a multi-year DEI roadmap proposing improvement strategies with solutions that leverage our people data, trends, and best practices
- Deliver, socialize, implement, and execute short-term and long-term DEI strategic plans aligned to Company objectives
- Partner with Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) and CEO to set direction, manage and coordinate of the DEI strategies and initiatives
- Align and work with stakeholders and leaders across the Company to effectively embed DEI practices into all aspects of talent lifecycle; provide recommendations and consulting to strengthen deliverables in areas such as: hiring, promotions, development, retention, and engagement.
- Partner with Human Resources peer leaders to embed DEI objectives throughout human resources policies, practices, and objectives
- Develop measurements to track and monitor progress against goals and objectives
- Benchmark and develop best practices to identify innovative DEI solutions
- Effectively integrate DEI into communication processes, policies, and talent practices across the enterprise
- Design educational opportunities for all team members to build fluency in the areas of inclusion and diversity
- Develop and implement a community involvement strategy that builds strong relationships with external organizations
- Provide leadership and consulting support for the DEI Council and create, sponsor, encourage Team Member Resource Groups
- Translate DEI strategies and initiatives to help accelerate business strategy and objectives.
- Champion the successful advancement of principles related to DEI strategies and initiatives.
- Develop and foster meaningful relationships internally and externally.
- Demonstrate a deep personal understanding of DEI with a commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
- Envision a long-term future state and develop plans to achieve it.
- Maneuver comfortably through complex processes and people related organizational dynamics to influence change.
- Receive and share information in several formats with a wide range of audiences.
- Effectively build formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside of Sleep Number to drive outcomes. Engage with a diverse array of people, teams, and partners to make connections for outcomes.
- Understand how the business operates and can identify and interpret levers of impact to advance DEI
- Design solutions that are simple and yet impactful.
- Connect with internal communities to ensure engagement, capture insights, feedback, and involvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of Human Resources or business-related experience, with recent experience specific to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition and/or Organizational Effectiveness
- Record of promoting, developing, and facilitating successful DEI strategies and programs across a diverse population of team members with varying levels of experience, jobs, levels, cultures, and geographic locations.
- Proven ability to create and implement organizational strategic plans; proven project and program management with a focus on implementing process improvements.
- Ability to build effective relationships and influence at all levels in the organization, managing expectations and driving for results.’
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, interpersonal, presentation, and facilitation along with written message development
- Experience working with and influencing all levels of team members; inspiring others to engage, participate and act
- Experience with building programs to scale for sustainability
- Strong analytical, strategic, problem-solving skills and execution skills
Pay & Benefits
WELLBEING AT SLEEP NUMBER, WITH SLEEP AT THE CENTER
Improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep starts with you. We strive to infuse wellbeing into all aspects of our culture championing your emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health.
By joining Team Sleep Number, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive wellbeing package including, but not limited to comprehensive health plan options, 401(k) Plan with discretionary company match, incentive eligibility paid time off and much more:
- A free Sleep Number 360® Smart Bed for team members, and additional product discounts for friends and family throughout the year.
- Emotional wellbeing resources to help you balance life, such as free access to therapy, family care concierge and discounted childcare.
- Financial support when you need it the most - paid parental leave, time to recover from an illness or injury, and saving for lifes expected & unexpected adventures.
- Opportunities for connection in and outside of work through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council, and volunteerism in our communities.
- Career development supported by our tuition reimbursement program. and continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.
No other jobs are related to this one but you can stillView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Supervisor