Digital Experience Team Lead
When a customer buys one of our smart beds, it’s just the beginning. You’ll cultivate relationships, solve challenges and share your passion for wellness and quality sleep.
- Full-time First/Second Shift
- Entry Level
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
We’re looking for a special kind of customer service professional. See if you have the right mix of traits.
- Good Listener
“I have never worked for a company that has so many opportunities for career advancement. I’ve received three promotions since I began my career here.”Justin, Service Recovery Specialist
The role of Digital Experience Team Lead includes being a front line leader for digital customer interactions with a focus on driving productivity, optimizing service level, and serving as an extension of our leadership team. The primary goal for our Digital Team Lead will be investing time in coaching and developing the digital team, handling escalated chats, resolving issues within the team, and providing guidance on process and procedural issues which will drive meaningful results forward for the digital business.
- Provide leadership and guidance to digital team including helping to develop training content for the team’s development, answering process and procedure questions, providing approval for discount and warranty exceptions, communicating changes to the digital team, and ensuring harmony and efficiency across the team.
- Maintain schedule according to business needs including daily breaks, monthly planning for time off requests, and quarterly review of incoming business needs to forecast appropriate scheduling.
- Assist in building, training, and maintaining Live Chat product information
- Complete monthly chat and email quality reviews with follow-up coaching as needed
- Handle customer chats and emails when out of service level or customer is escalated
- Coordinate with other personnel inner-department and cross-functionally to ensure the most expeditious and satisfactory completion of digital initiatives
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 3-5 years sales and service experience in a differentiated selling environment
- Previous leadership experience a plus, but not required
- Understanding of the digital landscape
- High School diploma required; college degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong sales skills to effectively sell solutions to customers
- Demonstrated problem solving and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work independently in a fast paced environment
- Strong written communication and reading comprehension abilities
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills required (data entry, email, customer and order management software)
- Must be able to interpret product literature (i.e. warranty documentation, product specifications, product diagrams, etc.) and effectively communicate that information via chat
- Must be able to work in a team environment and develop positive relationships with coworkers.
- Must be able to balance multiple projects according to workflow priorities
- Must exhibit strong accountability and ownership
Working Conditions (if applicable)
- Ability to sit for up to 10 hours per day.
- 2nd shift will include hours from 2:30-11pm hours, 5 days/week.
- Normal physical exertion within an office environment.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Rewards & Benefits
Full benefits within 30 days; we’ve got you covered mind, body and soul
Competitive hourly rate; annual incentive plan; 401(k) plan + match
Small, close-knit team that feels like family; everyone is committed to providing the highest level of customer service
Set schedule, paid company holidays and paid time off
Prepare for future opportunities at Sleep Number with our tuition reimbursement program
Discounts on our innovative, award-winning products that truly make a difference in customers’ lives
The Application Experience
Applying for a position with Sleep Number? Here’s a quick overview of the process and some tips to help you be successful.
Complete an online application
Get to know us better
- You’ll spend about 30 minutes talking to one of our recruiters on the phone; they will share more information about our company and culture as well as the role and its requirements. They will also ask some questions about your previous experience.
- You’ll have the chance to talk through your work history, how you’ve made an impact in the past and why you’re interested in joining our team
- Have dedicated time available without disruptions
- Relax and be yourself; we value individuals!
- Take the time to tell your story (work experience, what gives you a sense of purpose at work)
- Spend some time thinking about questions you have for us
- After this step, your recruiter will let you know if you’re moving to the next step
- Congrats! You’re moving ahead in the process and are meeting with the hiring leader and (if applicable) others in the team. Depending on the role, this interview may be in-person or via video chat.
- Tell me about a time you exceeded a customer’s expectations
- Tell me about a time when you had to admit to your leader that you weren’t very good at something.
- Describe when or where you learned the most about your stengths and weaknesses
- Talk with your recruiter about how to prepare
- Relax and be yourself; we value individuals!
- Be on time and dress professionally (even for a video chat)
- Be ready to share how much you’ve learned about Sleep Number
- Spend some time thinking about questions you have about us
We’ll ask you a series of behavior-based interview questions trying to gauge whether you’re a good fit for the role and the team. Here are some examples:
After the interview
- Your recruiter will follow-up so you know what to expect; in some cases, there may be additional interviews
- If you’re selected for the position:
- Your recruiter will work with you on your offer and start date
- Certain roles require additional steps between the offer and start date (e.g., background check); if that’s the case your recruiter will provide more information
- Your recruiter will follow up with you regularly before your first day
About our Location
Online Chat ProfessionalMinneapolis, Minnesota
Customer Relationship ConsultantMinneapolis, Minnesota
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.