Data Scientist – Information TechnologyMinneapolis, MN Apply
This analytical role supports Sleep Number’s Enterprise Analytics model through driving insights across the business. This role works closely with subject matter experts in IT, as well as partners within other business functions with the objective of connecting data from across the enterprise, and then leveraging statistical tools for actionable analyses and algorithms driven by the data. This role will help bridge the gap between our traditional BI efforts and more advanced analytics.
- Drive discussions with various business units to identify data driven opportunities for insights that will provide a high level of impact on decision making across Sleep Number.
- Select and build appropriate analytical models, including machine learning and predictive models. Rapidly prototype various algorithmic implementations and test their efficacy using appropriate experimental design and hypothesis validation.
- Interface between technical and business organizations across the enterprise to ensure resulting analytics are both actionable and can be implemented into production.
- Assist with implementing production level models, including coding, testing, debugging, and documentation
- Mentor other data analysts and data scientists both within the Enterprise Analytics team and across the organization via our Analytics Community
- Work with IT and Business leadership to develop a long-term vision of Enterprise Analytics within Sleep Number
- Lead the testing and validating of new tools, methodologies, and processes.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Advancement of our enterprise analytics function by providing us with access to fast, actionable insights
- Effectively prioritize data and analysis by balancing short-term impact while progressing our further-term strategy
- Demonstrated impact on company efficiency and capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Artificial Intelligence, or Statistics. MS or PhD preferred.
- 3-5 years professional experience in an analytics role.
- Extensive experience with at least one of Python, R, Scala, or other analytically focused technologies
- Demonstrated experience designing and deploying successful statistical modeling and/or machine learning projects
- Demonstrated experience working with business partners to build analytical models or processes to fit their needs
- Experience with traditional development tools and approaches such as Java Script, XML, JSON, PHP and API development
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Power BI or Tableau
- Familiar with the concept of non-relational data stores and understand where they shine over relational data stores.
- Exposure to or familiarity with a cloud based big data solution like AWS/Azure, a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be a creative problem solver, flexible, proactive, and work in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Exhibit a high degree of analytical, organizational, listening and interpretive skills
- Ability to synthesize analytical findings in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Teamwork/service-oriented mindset
Working Conditions (if applicable):
- Ability to work in an office environment – sit/stand for up to 8 hours
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative