The Knowledge and Content Designer is responsible for designing and implementing simple, concise, user friendly content standards and guidelines as well building a knowledge base information architecture .They work closely with Communications, Training, Product Owners, Sales and Services teams to design and build effective content that enables excellent customer and employee experiences., They iterate on improving content standards overall content and knowledge base usability. The ability to influence and partner with cross-functional team members is a must. The Knowledge and Content Designer understands content design principles and how content should be written and formatted for maximum comprehension and usability, while gaining insights and feedback that will be used to improve content quality and drive business outcomes.
- Collaborates with content creators, UX designers and knowledge base managers throughout the enterprise to develop enterprise-wide content quality standards including content templates, writing style guides, content organization, and taxonomies.
- Serves as the primary point person for standardizing Sleep Number knowledge base information architecture to ensure maximum findability and consistency for all content repositories.
- Executes project-based content usability deliverables (for example: site navigation redesign, new content tagging, taxonomy, template creation).
- Equips the development of complex product and servicing use cases to be simple, repeatable customer grade experiences that are free of internal business jargon and build operational excellence.
- Reviews own work for accuracy, adherence to Sleep Number brand style guide, and voice and tone. Owns the outcome by following content through the entire process to ensure it is implemented as designed.
- Demonstrates expertise of content design fundamentals (for example: principles of grammar and professional writing) and writing and editing basics. Follows guidelines for style, voice and tone, branding, and form factors.
- Mentors entry level content creators on best practices, standards and guidelines to help develop a community of content creators across enterprise.
- Confidently articulates point of view and the rationale behind content design decisions.
- BA/BS degree in English, Information Architecture, Technical Writing, or a related field or equivalent practical experience. Masters degree preferred.
- 3 or more years of jargon-free technical writing and cross-team collaborative authoring experience
- 3 or more years of experience in customer service or support-related organizations
- 3 or more years in Retail/Consumer goods business (B2C)
- Customer journey mapping experience a plus
- Expertise in Knowledge Management principles and framework best practices
- Experience working in Knowledge and Content Management Systems; SharePoint and Zendesk a plus
- Track record of fast technical research, learning and independently working towards deadlines
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with agility in changing priorities
- Proven ability to work as a valuable contributor to a team
- Proven ability to lead cross functional teams to align goals and deliver impactful outcomes
- Ability to manage, reconcile, and incorporate input from multiple stakeholders
- Creative copywriting experience
- Exposure to and comfort with innovative consumer technologies
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative