Compensation, Senior ManagerMinneapolis, MN Apply
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 14 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
The Senior Manager, Compensation is responsible for managing the design, implementation, and ongoing execution of Sleep Number compensation plans to attract, retain, and motivate team members.
- Partner with business leadership, human resources business partners and other key stakeholders to develop and design compensation programs that effectively attract, motivate, and retain employees across all areas of the business including HQ, stores, manufacturing and field services.
- Lead the design and administration of all incentive and commissions plans, ensuring accurate and timely processing each fiscal period based upon the compensation plans in effect.
- Manage the design and administration of all long-term incentive programs.
- Provide consulting to collaborators on a range of day-to-day compensation activities, including market analysis for new positions and promotions, and addressing retention issues.
- Monitor compensation program effectiveness and develop modifications as needed.
- Develop and maintain base pay structures to ensure that we remain competitive. Manage year end processes.
- Coach, mentor and lead the team ensuring all team members are performing at a high level and meeting expectations.
- Ensure all programs, policies and procedures are in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Assist the Sr. Director, Total Rewards in various aspects of the executive compensation program including support for preparation of Board meeting materials and proxy disclosure.
- 8+ years Human Resources, Finance, and/or General Business experience
- At least 5 years of compensation experience, including experience managing a compensation team
- Some experience with executive compensation programs is desirable
- 4 year college degree or equivalent
- Experience leading the work direction of others
- Proven experience acting as a subject matter expert to the business
- Ability to be flexible and to handle multiple projects in a high growth setting
- Ability to influence senior management and business leaders with innovative total rewards program solutions that meet and exceed the company’s total rewards mission
- Able to develop strong working relationships with customers and foster trust in handling confidential situations
- Ability to lead change in high-growth, cross-functional organization
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving ability, particularly in ambiguous or complex situations; understands and considers broad implications of business unit needs or decisions
- High-level of demonstrated integrity, trust and customer orientation
- Lead through high-pressure complex situations
- Strong time management and project management abilities
- Strong analytical skills and supportive systems leverage (particularly Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint). Advanced level Excel skills
- Proven capability building high-performing teams
This role is offered in a hybrid capacity allowing for a balance of remote flexibility with on-site work opportunities at our Headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Our company's purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of society.
Wellbeing is more than a catchphrase - it's a movement that permeates our company and through our team members. We are dedicated to enhancing and supporting the wellbeing of our team members and their families through benefits, programs, and resources across our five wellbeing pillars of emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health, with sleep at the center.
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical and pharmacy benefits, dental, life and disability insurance, a matched 401(k) Plan, paid time off, and much more.
Examples of how we invest in your wellbeing:
Sleep - Our 360® smart bed for team members, and discounts on our innovations and sleep solutions for yourself and friends and family throughout the year.
Physical - Wide range of wellbeing resources and services through our medical plans to improve your physical health.
Emotional - Access to mental health resources, caregiving support, paid time off and parental leave to support your emotional wellbeing. Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Financial - Competitive base and variable pay programs, ability to save for the future through a matched 401(k) plan and financial support to recover from an illness or injury.
Community - Paid time off for volunteering and connections to our communities through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives, and support for charitable causes.
Career - Opportunities for career development and continuous learning, including a tuition reimbursement program.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Supervisor