Sleep Number offers the unique opportunity for talented individuals to implement new innovative technologies into our market leading sleep and wellness products. This position provides technical mechanical CAD and drawing support to new product development and standard product support of engineering activities, serving
as an expert on engineering drafting practices, CAD assembly setup, and document control. This individual will be a key member Sleep Number’s strategic execution of product development, championing great design and problem-solving skills in support of our vision of becoming the world’s most beloved brand by delivering an unparalleled sleep experience.
- Be a subject matter expert in the use of SolidWorks 2019 CAD system for assembly and 2D drawing creation.
- Fully utilize SolidWorks 2019 to create new CAD models and assemblies of complex components and assemblies, and detailed 2D mechanical drawings.
- Ensure compliance with design requirements, tolerances, and specifications.
- Execute engineering change orders in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Evaluates tolerance stack-ups to insure proper fit of components and proper application of GD&T techniques.
- Works directly with other engineers and designers to address design for manufacturability and assembly
- Be a subject matter expert in the use of PDM to manage CAD part, assembly, and drawing data.
- Be detailed oriented, extremely organized, and a self-starter.
- Mechanical Drafting, Design, and Engineering Technology two-year technical degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years’ of recent experience in a drafting level position, with the majority of time spent using SolidWorks.
- SolidWorks Certification a plus
- Has the ability and internet requirements to work remotely or onsite when needed.
- Working knowledge of CREO and Windchill a plus.
- Proficiency in mechanical design drafting practices, including full compliance with ASME Standard Y14.5 – 2009 and relevant GD&T standards.
- Excellent SolidWorks knowledge and skills.
- Excellent knowledge of SolidWorks PDM system.
- Proficiency in using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) suite of software.
- Proficiency in performing mechanical engineering calculations is a plus.
- Proficiency in design for plastic injection molding, 3D printing, and sheet metal fabrication is a plus.
- Conscientious, team player who drives for results.
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“We have the freedom of a start-up to explore new technology and methods, backed by a strong company like Sleep Number.”Abhishek, Director of Analytics