Job DetailsApply Now
Sleep Number's Buyer-Strategic Sourcing has the responsibility to assist with the spend of materials within a specific category portfolio used in manufacturing Sleep Number® beds. Under direct supervision, this entry level role is responsible for supporting the sourcing of direct materials toachieve significant cost savings, insure continuity of supply, and risk mitigation through effective sourcing practices, negotiation, and contract execution. In addition, this role will support the Senior Manager, Strategic Souring in actively managing the new product innovation process working closely with suppliers and supplier quality engineers.
- Support negotiation with suppliers to ensure the best quality, service and cost to achieve business objectives.
- Partner with Product Development, R&D, Engineering, Materials Management and Manufacturing in development and launch of new products to meet introduction timelines, cost and quality goals, and service level to customers.
- Maintain knowledge of market trends including analysis of market drivers, cost structures and technical improvements.
- Identify suppliers, solicit and review quotes, analyze prices.
- Support supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, supplier consolidation, favorable business terms, etc.
- Partnering with more senior team members, manage contract notification and implementation of supplier changes.
- Document source selection and ensure processes comply with internal procedures and guidelines.
- Help create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement
- Facilitate changes of component specifications
- Monitor suppliers and track their performance and compliance, working with senior purchasing team members to resolve issues
- Work with inventory control management to resolve supplier-related issues, minimizing shortages of supplies
- Maintain positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
Experience, Education & Certifications:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business or equivalent experience
- 0-2 years’ experience with direct materials sourcing preferredAbility to read drawings, understand tolerances and specifications
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Demonstrated strong negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills with all levels of organization and suppliers.
- Strong analytical and modeling skills.
- Project Management exposure and related experience.
- Strong written communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of best in class sourcing procedures and practices.
- MS Office (Excel and Access)
Working Conditions (if applicable):
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally 10-15%
- Supply Chain Planning Operations Manager Minneapolis, Minnesota