Associate Product Development Manager - Sleep Number ControlsMinneapolis, Minnesota Apply
The Associate Product Development Manager, Sleep Number Controls will be responsible for supporting and helping to define the electronics portfolio that is core to Sleep Number’s competitive advantage. Sleep Number’s integrated controls platform is the power behind the fully adjustable sleep experience. It enables a customer to set their Sleep Number setting, control their adjustable base, and most importantly, is the gateway of the SleepIQ technology platform. The individual in this role will support business case development to drive improvements and new features, prioritize backlog of requests and elevate new issues that will drive customer satisfaction.
- Develop, manage and prioritize the product backlog of features and initiatives – engage in daily activities to drive results and report back to product leadership
- Support the development, validation, launch and ongoing maintenance of the SleepIQ electronics and firmware platforms
- Work cross functionally with business and supply partners to actively resolve open issues with new products coming to market.
- Support technical and cross-functional timelines to ensure projects are on track and on budget to deliver against the market requirements – ensuring the company can continue to deliver continue growth
- Partner with other product owners to understand the interdependencies to the SleepIQ® Technology platform – local and cloud-based software platforms
- Support lab based and in-home product validation testing with organizational partners
- Emotional Intelligence, passion for customer advocacy, desire to become a subject matter expert on the products released
- The ideal candidate will have 3–5 years of product development and/or project management experience.
- Experience with electronics and software development required
- Experience working in both waterfall and agile development methodologies desired
- Strong critical thinker that understands the dependencies across projects within program level planning and timelines
- Self-starter who is comfortable driving key cross-functional product initiatives with the holistic customer experience at the cornerstone of the work
- Strong communicator with ability to digest technical details and elevate to match the audience
- Strong organizational skills – ability to prioritize – multi-task oriented
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or engineering desired
- Skilled in the Microsoft office suite, with strong knowledge of Microsoft project
- Understanding of connected cloud based product platforms
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of FCC, UL and ETL
- Understanding of modular design concepts – both Mechanically and via Software
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“We have the freedom of a start-up to explore new technology and methods, backed by a strong company like Sleep Number.”Abhishek, Director of Analytics