Associate Mechanical Design EngineerApply
Sleep Number offers the unique opportunity for talented individuals to discover, test and implement new innovative technologies into our market leading products. This individual will be a key member in Sleep Number’s strategic execution of product development, championing great design and problem-solving skills in support of our vision of becoming the world’s most beloved brand by delivering an unparalleled sleep experience.
This position is responsible for supporting mechanical design engineering functions on new product development projects, with exposure to all stages of development from concept conception to commercialization.
- Active participation in mechanical design engineering functions including drafting/modeling, design, testing, and analysis.
- Work alongside peers to drive innovative design solutions.
- Participate in product development activities and take direction from a senior level engineer or mechanical engineering manager.
- Understand and execute change management to include product and regulatory documentation.
- Work alongside senior level enginer and other cross-functional team members to develop test methodologies to ensure that new product designs are verified and validated before product launch.
- Timely, thorough, and accurate completion of engineering projects.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering required.
- 0-2+ years of experience in mechanical engineering field.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong mechanical engineering aptitude
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of electrical systems a plus
- Desire to work in a hands-on R&D lab environment, along with engineering technician and other engineers
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD (Pro/Engineer / SolidWorks preferred) design software
- Knowledge of Project Management Skills
- Understand and apply principles, concepts, theories, technologies and standards of the Mechanical Engineering Field towards new product development.
- Excellent problem solving skills, and practical application of strong mechanical design theory and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) suite of software
- Ability to work under general direction
- A self-starter, highly motivated with good organizational and time management skills
- Collaborate on cross-functional projects, reaching beyond traditional engineering responsibilities
- Knowledge of Tolerance analysis and GD&T is a plus
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize
- Conscientious, team player who drives for results
- Superior organizational skills with ability to multi-task and balance complex and routine work activities
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, both written and verbal
- Prepare written reports, proposals, and presentations
- Standard office environment
- On-site R&D lab work required
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.; team lift of up to 100 lbs
- Light / moderate travel based on business needs
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“We have the freedom of a start-up to explore new technology and methods, backed by a strong company like Sleep Number.”Abhishek, Director of Analytics