Associate Human Resources Business PartnerApply
As an Associate Human Resources Business Partner, you will ensure organizational talent is prepared to deliver exceptional performance, through partnership with business leaders and the function’s Senior Human Resources Business Partner by building strong organizational capabilities and culture. The Associate Human Resources Business Partner will utilize functional/technical expertise, as well as Sleep Number Leadership behaviors to develop, implement, manage and continuously improve strategies and tactics related to organizational effectiveness, talent management, employee engagement, retention, performance management and compensation.
- Employee Relations: Respond to employee concerns and provide employee relations guidance to managers in order to ensure effective application of company policies/procedures and company culture and minimize legal risks, complaints, charges and turnover. Investigate root causes of employee relations issues and develop strategies to address/reduce them. Serve as a subject matter expert for federal and state regulations and ensure accurate and appropriate strategies and tactics are in place. Demonstrate balanced advocacy for employees and the business.
- Talent Management: With oversight and partnership, develop, implement and manage organizational programs relative to employee development, retention, performance management, onboarding, career development, and succession planning in order to ensure a talent pipeline that will successfully enable current strategies and future growth.
- Organization Design: With oversight and partnership proactively identify job/organization design opportunities that increase organization effectiveness and prepare the business to drive/support future growth. Employ change leadership and team effectiveness principals to help teams better ensure success of new programs, structures, etc.
- Talent Acquisition: Partner with hiring managers to evaluate talent needs and ensure acceptable staffing levels (current and future). Partner with talent acquisition for interviewing and selection to ensure a consistent, high quality talent pipeline. Assist hiring managers with the effective use of selection processes, selection criteria and onboarding tools.
- Communication: Understand stakeholder perspectives at multiple leadership levels and partner with organizational leaders to ensure proactive, effective communication strategies and processes for issues or situations of varying complexity.
- Culture: Assess alignment and support for company mission, values and strategies; provide recommendations to managers on how to respond to emerging workplace trends and or how to address employee needs or issues with balance for both legal compliance and culture. Lead the implementation of employee engagement surveys, feedback sessions and action planning. Actively personify and advocate for the company’s culture, brand and values.
- Process Improvement: Identify, advocate for and implement Human Resources best practices across all areas of the business; simplify or reduce non-value added processes. Help business units identify and resolve opportunities for increased efficiency or decreased bureaucracy. Enable and ensure compliance in regulated practices pertinent to department. Advocate for employee involvement and empowerment in decision making.
- 2-3 years of experience in Human Resources, preferably in a Business Partner or Generalist capacity
- Experience in leading and/or supporting employee relations investigations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on summarizing large amounts of data into a summary/conclusion
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area (Business, IR, Human Resource, Communications, etc.)
- Ability to interact and influence all levels of organization with confidence, building trust and rapport. Is capable of providing courageous and decisive advice.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving ability, particularly in ambiguous or complex situations. Understands and considers broad implications of business unit needs or decisions
- Is able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and integrity
- Remains calm under pressure and is able to lead thru difficult (i.e. emotional, complex, legal) situations
- Strong time management and project management abilities
- Highly proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Available on nights and weekends for urgent situations
- Can effectively use Microsoft applications in daily activities
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative