Associate Electrical EngineerMinneapolis, MN Apply
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 14 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
This position provides technical expertise to new product development and standard product support engineering activities, serving as a key resource on electronics hardware implementation and design. This individual will be a key member in Sleep Number’s strategic execution of product development, championing great design and problem solving skills in support of our vision of becoming the world’s most beloved brand by delivering an unparalleled sleep experience.
- Executing electronics hardware design projects, technology efforts and tasks for new product and concept developments within specification, schedule and cost targets.
- Key resource in delivering technical analysis, design documentation, and general engineering support.
- Works with inside and/or outside resources in the design, development, prototyping, and testing of new electronics hardware development.
- Conducts engineering testing to ensure that newly designed features adhere to product requirements.
- Participates in new product development: requirements generation, development timeline, development cost estimates, etc.
- Participates in general business support: Value engineering projects, component engineering support, warranty investigation efforts.
- BS required
- Experience in embedded systems and microprocessor based design.
- Experience with analog and RF design concepts and tools.
- Experience with the general engineering design process including product requirements, document creation, prototyping, design for manufacturing, design for test, design verification testing, and product release.
- Ability to write technical specifications and design documentation, create and author templates for engineering documents, present verbally in one-on-one or small group settings
- Conscientious, team player who drives for results.
- Light travel based on business needs.
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) suite of software.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.; team lift of up to 100 lbs.
Our company's purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of society.
Wellbeing is more than a catchphrase - it's a movement that permeates our company and through our team members. We are dedicated to enhancing and supporting the wellbeing of our team members and their families through benefits, programs, and resources across our five wellbeing pillars of emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health, with sleep at the center.
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical and pharmacy benefits, dental, life and disability insurance, a matched 401(k) Plan, paid time off, and much more.
Examples of how we invest in your wellbeing:
Sleep - Our 360® smart bed for team members, and discounts on our innovations and sleep solutions for yourself and friends and family throughout the year.
Physical - Wide range of wellbeing resources and services through our medical plans to improve your physical health.
Emotional - Access to mental health resources, caregiving support, paid time off and parental leave to support your emotional wellbeing. Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Financial - Competitive base and variable pay programs, ability to save for the future through a matched 401(k) plan and financial support to recover from an illness or injury.
Community - Paid time off for volunteering and connections to our communities through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives, and support for charitable causes.
Career - Opportunities for career development and continuous learning, including a tuition reimbursement program.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.
No other jobs are related to this one but you can stillView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“We have the freedom of a start-up to explore new technology and methods, backed by a strong company like Sleep Number.”Abhishek, Director of Analytics