Supervisor, Customer Relationship Center
When a customer buys one of our smart beds, it’s just the beginning. You’ll cultivate relationships, solve challenges and share your passion for wellness and quality sleep.
- Full-time First/Second Shift
- Entry Level
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
We’re looking for a special kind of customer service professional. See if you have the right mix of traits.
- Good Listener
“I have never worked for a company that has so many opportunities for career advancement. I’ve received three promotions since I began my career here.”Justin, Service Recovery Specialist
The Supervisor is a front line leader who guides and develops talent along with upholding the service strategy of their team. Core responsibilities include: Engaging and coaching talent on all service and performance deliverables, driving accountability and productivity, along with elevating the customer experience. Supervisor balances the workload, challenges the status quo, seeks out new ideas, identifies and drives growth. The Supervisor think creatively and cross-functionally and encourage others to do the same while playing a key role in executing Sleep Number’s vision and strategy of becoming an iconic customer experience brand.
- Leads team- guides, coaches, and develops team members focusing on effectiveness and efficiencies to optimize service levels and affect contact center culture.
- Direct daily activities including prioritizing of workloads, answering questions or concerns, assisting with escalated calls and setting expectations for processes and performance.
- Takes initiative and is accountable for driving their business and making advances that impact customer experience positively.
- Identify and share trends with key partners to understand root causes, benefits, costs and risks.
- Complete customer interactions and be available when an agent appears to need assistance.
- Effectively complete core supervisory responsibilities (i.e. reviews, disciplinary action, recognition, hiring, on-boarding, etc.) in a thoughtful and timely manner
- Influence and monitor performance and provide constructive feedback
- Serve as a reference and communication expert for all policies, promotions and products and meets with team regularly to review week events, stats, and relevant business information.
- Identify system/process changes needed; support change management of new systems/processes
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Experience, Education & Certifications:
- 2-3 years supervisory experience required, or internal equivalent
- 3-5 years customer service experience required
- High School Diploma / GED required; BS/BA preferred.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Strong leadership, coaching, team building and people development skills
- Dynamic and engaging communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to gauge and adjust to the audience
- Demonstrated moxie to respond appropriately and professionally to customers, colleagues and direct reports
- Driven to motivate, develop and coach direct reports through disciplinary issues, as well as developmental opportunities while providing positive encouragement
- Evident work ethic; ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work independently in a fast paced environment; able to work under pressure and effectively manage stress
- Resiliency to embrace challenges and strive to find creative solutions
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (data entry, email, customer and order management software)
Working Conditions (if applicable):
- Requires normal physical exertion within an office environment (i.e. sitting, computer and telephone use)
- Flexibility with work schedule which will include evenings, weekends and holidays
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Rewards & Benefits
Full benefits within 30 days; we’ve got you covered mind, body and soul
Competitive hourly rate; annual incentive plan; 401(k) plan + match
Small, close-knit team that feels like family; everyone is committed to providing the highest level of customer service
Set schedule, paid company holidays and paid time off
Prepare for future opportunities at Sleep Number with our tuition reimbursement program
Discounts on our innovative, award-winning products that truly make a difference in customers’ lives
The Application Experience
Applying for a position with Sleep Number? Here’s a quick overview of the process and some tips to help you be successful.
Complete an online application
Get to know us better
- You’ll spend about 30 minutes talking to one of our recruiters on the phone; they will share more information about our company and culture as well as the role and its requirements. They will also ask some questions about your previous experience.
- You’ll have the chance to talk through your work history, how you’ve made an impact in the past and why you’re interested in joining our team
- Have dedicated time available without disruptions
- Relax and be yourself; we value individuals!
- Take the time to tell your story (work experience, what gives you a sense of purpose at work)
- Spend some time thinking about questions you have for us
- After this step, your recruiter will let you know if you’re moving to the next step
- Congrats! You’re moving ahead in the process and are meeting with the hiring leader and (if applicable) others in the team. Depending on the role, this interview may be in-person or via video chat.
- Tell me about a time you exceeded a customer’s expectations
- Tell me about a time when you had to admit to your leader that you weren’t very good at something.
- Describe when or where you learned the most about your stengths and weaknesses
- Talk with your recruiter about how to prepare
- Relax and be yourself; we value individuals!
- Be on time and dress professionally (even for a video chat)
- Be ready to share how much you’ve learned about Sleep Number
- Spend some time thinking about questions you have about us
We’ll ask you a series of behavior-based interview questions trying to gauge whether you’re a good fit for the role and the team. Here are some examples:
After the interview
- Your recruiter will follow-up so you know what to expect; in some cases, there may be additional interviews
- If you’re selected for the position:
- Your recruiter will work with you on your offer and start date
- Certain roles require additional steps between the offer and start date (e.g., background check); if that’s the case your recruiter will provide more information
- Your recruiter will follow up with you regularly before your first day
About our Location