Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 13 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
In this Production Manager role, you will create a culture of teamwork, engagement and accountability and develop a team through coaching, mentoring and challenging them with high expectations. You will also help implement changes to improve efficiency and reduce waste. Production Manager roles exist in Sewing, Air Controls Production and Order Fulfillment.
- Lead and supervise designated functional area to deliver business results
- Manage production to ensure schedules and quality standards are met
- Provide leadership in the areas of auditing, standards of work, 5S, TPM and best practices
- Hire, train, develop and coach team in personal goals, accountabilities and monitor accomplishments
- Develop and manage training, cross-training and rotation plans for employees to increase flexibility and create a workforce that can compensate for sudden changes in demand/resources
- Recommend and implement process improvements for designated functional area
- Actively manage, administer and enforce plant policies and procedures
- Work with other Value Stream Managers to resolve problem situations
- Ensure efficient and profitable utilization of manpower, machinery and material
- Comply with Codes of Safe Practices and work in accordance with company safety policies and train team to do the same
- Maintain employee attendance records
- May require some travel
- At least 3 years of direct supervision of others preferred
- 2 or more years’ experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of related experience, education and/or certification
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Manufacturing, Fulfillment Operations and Supply Chain principles and practices preferred
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge and/or experience preferred
- Travel as required up to 20%, generally not more than 10%
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Formal Lean or Six Sigma training preferred
- 2-3 years leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have demonstrated process improvement and systematic process improvement skills
- Experience with fundamental manufacturing and operations principles and practices
- Problem solving and conflict resolution experience
- Effective organizing and planning skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to lead others through change
- Proven ability to mentor and develop employees
- Ability to influence others
- Ability to investigate and troubleshoot production problems
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and individual contributors
- Experience with Oracle applications a plus
Pay & Benefits
WELLBEING AT SLEEP NUMBER, WITH SLEEP AT THE CENTER
Improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep starts with you. We strive to infuse wellbeing into all aspects of our culture championing your emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health.
By joining Team Sleep Number, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive wellbeing package including, but not limited to comprehensive health plan options, 401(k) Plan with discretionary company match, incentive eligibility paid time off and much more:
- A free Sleep Number 360® Smart Bed for team members, and additional product discounts for friends and family throughout the year.
- Emotional wellbeing resources to help you balance life, such as free access to therapy, family care concierge and discounted childcare.
- Financial support when you need it the most - paid parental leave, time to recover from an illness or injury, and saving for lifes expected & unexpected adventures.
- Opportunities for connection in and outside of work through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council, and volunteerism in our communities.
- Career development supported by our tuition reimbursement program. and continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.
No other jobs are related to this one but you can stillView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Supervisor