Production Operator, SewingApply
The Sewing Technician I position is responsible for the safe and timely execution of assigned duties requisite to satisfying customer demand in providing high-quality beds. This dedicated individual will be required to perform several styles of sewing stitches and be comfortable operating different types of sewing machines or auxiliary machines—the ability to change working venues and tasks with minimum interruptions.
- Able to perform efficiently on 1-5 sewing operations up to one specified area, per Work Instructions, on commercial-grade sewing equipment
- Using provided Work Instructions, the operator can perform basic machine set up for daily operation
- Strives to perform primary duties and work towards hourly production goals
- Knowledgeable of Standardized Work and Work Instructions
- Applies Safe Work Practices while working including wearing PPE
- Performs TPMs and light maintenance on sewing and/or auxiliary machines
- Can make minor machine adjustments and needle/tooling
- Practical knowledge and the application of Quality 1,2,3. Can explain the Quality 1,2,3 process to Manager.
- Able to recognize quality error or nonconforming conditions with product or process and escalate appropriately
- Is a team player and cooperates well with coworkers and management
- Keep work area clean and orderly, clear of clutter and debris. Has a basic understanding of 5S and its importance in the workplace.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Preferred experience in the manufacturing textile and/or sewing environment.
- Able to effectively communicate using both written and verbal methods with all team members
Wellbeing at Sleep Number, with sleep at the center
Improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep starts with you. We strive to infuse wellbeing into all aspects of our culture championing your emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health.
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive wellbeing package including, but not limited to comprehensive health plan options, 401(k) Plan with discretionary company match, incentive eligibility paid time off and much more:
- Earn $15.50 per hour
- A free Sleep Number 360® Smart Bed for team members, and additional product discounts for friends and family throughout the year.
- Emotional wellbeing resources to help you balance life, such as free access to therapy, family care concierge and discounted childcare.
- Financial support when you need it the most - paid parental leave, time to recover from an illness or injury, and saving for life's expected & unexpected adventures.
- Opportunities for connection in and outside of work through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council, and volunteerism in our communities.
- Career development supported by our tuition reimbursement program. and continuous learning and development opportunities.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative