Production ManagerDallas, TX Apply
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 14 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
In this Production Manager role, you will create a strong culture of teamwork, engagement and accountability and develop a team through coaching, mentoring and challenging them with high expectations. You will also help implement changes to improve efficiency and reduce waste.
- Lead and supervise designated functional area to deliver business results
- Manage production to ensure schedules and quality standards are met
- Provide leadership in the areas of auditing, standards of work, 5S, TPM and best practices
- Hire, train, develop and coach team in personal goals, accountabilities and monitor accomplishments
- Develop and manage training, cross-training and rotation plans for employees to increase flexibility and create a workforce that can compensate for sudden changes in demand/resources
- Recommend and implement process improvements for designated functional area
- Actively manage, administer and enforce plant policies and procedures
- Work with other Value Stream Managers to resolve problem situations
- Ensure efficient and profitable utilization of manpower, machinery and material
- Comply with Codes of Safe Practices and work in accordance with company safety policies and train team to do the same
- Maintain employee attendance records
- May require some travel up to 20%
- At least 3 years of direct leadership of others, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- 2 or more years’ experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of related experience, education and/or certification, bachelor's degree preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Manufacturing, Fulfillment Operations and Supply Chain principles and practices preferred
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma knowledge and/or experience preferred
Our company's purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of society.
Wellbeing is more than a catchphrase - it's a movement that permeates our company and through our team members. We are dedicated to enhancing and supporting the wellbeing of our team members and their families through benefits, programs, and resources across our five wellbeing pillars of emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health, with sleep at the center.
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical and pharmacy benefits, dental, life and disability insurance, a matched 401(k) Plan, paid time off, and much more.
Examples of how we invest in your wellbeing:
Sleep - Our 360® smart bed for team members, and discounts on our innovations and sleep solutions for yourself and friends and family throughout the year.
Physical - Wide range of wellbeing resources and services through our medical plans to improve your physical health.
Emotional - Access to mental health resources, caregiving support, paid time off and parental leave to support your emotional wellbeing. Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Financial - Competitive base and variable pay programs, ability to save for the future through a matched 401(k) plan and financial support to recover from an illness or injury.
Community - Paid time off for volunteering and connections to our communities through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives, and support for charitable causes.
Career - Opportunities for career development and continuous learning, including a tuition reimbursement program.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.
No other jobs are related to this one but you can stillView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.