Warehouse Worker, Forklift OperationsApply
The Warehouse Worker, Forklift Operations is responsible for the safe, daily execution of tasks in the facilities operation. The duties include picking, packing, prepping orders, housekeeping, and trash removal and recycling. In addition, executing receiving processes and audit both shipping and packing. Perform tasks as assigned while performing the processes of returns, forklift, staging, loading. You will be trained to work in various areas to assist where needed.
- Timely and accurately picking, packing, prepping, loading, receiving, and auditing of finished and unfinished goods
- Assist with training and onboarding of team members
- Perform all bed assembly and packing processes with a high level of quality
- Operate within Oracle WMS using hand-held scanner
- Perform 5 S activities and general housekeeping duties
- Perform inventory counts and physical inventory as required
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities
- Safely operate the balers to assist in mattress disposal
- Operating the Bed Assembly process, executing Receiving processes, and supports the Shipping Audit process
- Operate stand-up forklifts
Key Performance Indicators
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in all areas
- 1-3 years previous experience in a warehouse/distribution or pick and pack operation preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must be able to perform all functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, and assembly operations
- Must be able work independently or within a team
- Make recommendations to improve processes and procedures in the department
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Able to take on responsibility for warehousing equipment and facilities for optimized processes
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Must be able to operate simple hand tools (i.e. utility knife, tape gun, etc.)
- Must be able to lift up to 55 lbs. on a regular basis and perform repetitive bending and twisting motions
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to stand 8.0 hours or more per shift
- The work environment includes moving equipment, a moderate noise level and some fluctuations in temperature
- Must be able to work overtime as required, including weekends
Pay & Benefits
WELLBEING AT SLEEP NUMBER, WITH SLEEP AT THE CENTER
Improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep starts with you. We strive to infuse wellbeing into all aspects of our culture championing your emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health.
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive wellbeing package including, but not limited to comprehensive health plan options, 401(k) Plan with discretionary company match, incentive eligibility paid time off and much more:
- Earn up to $20.25 per hour
- A free Sleep Number 360® Smart Bed for team members, and additional product discounts for friends and family throughout the year.
- Emotional wellbeing resources to help you balance life, such as free access to therapy, family care concierge and discounted childcare.
- Financial support when you need it the most - paid parental leave, time to recover from an illness or injury, and saving for life's expected & unexpected adventures.
- Opportunities for connection in and outside of work through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council, and volunteerism in our communities.
- Career development supported by our tuition reimbursement program. and continuous learning and development opportunities.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number customers and team members. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place based on the roles & responsibilities, consistent with CDC guidelines and state/local laws, and include protective equipment, social distance guidelines, and sanitizing/disinfecting/cleaning procedures executed. In roles that are not essential to in-person work, the option may exist to work remotely and attend meeting(s) virtually. This may include portions or the entirety of the interview process.
Office safety, security, and crisis support is in place to protect Sleep Number people, products, and properties. Security and Asset Protection collaborates with internal partners to develop and deliver safety and security training, while providing guidance on facility design and process development
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative