Home Delivery Assistant
You’ll impact customers in a big way — from smart bed assembly to technology demos — setting them up for an amazing experience and proven, quality sleep. This is a career filled with autonomy and independence, as well as the opportunities and support you need to drive your career forward.
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
We’re looking for a special kind of Home Delivery professional. See if you have the right mix of traits.
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
“If you stay diligent and work hard, you will progress here. Before you know it, you’ll look up and will be further along than you thought or imagined.”Jaquwan, Home Delivery Driver
UPDATE: Sleep Number is now offering a $1,500 signing bonus for all new hires supporting the Brooklyn Park, MN delivery team!
We deliver an experience unlike anyone else in the world. Our team is insanely committed to providing the individualized sleep experience. We will do everything within the power of the universe to ensure our customers ‘know better sleep’ night one and every night thereafter. Simply put. We deliver a great night’s sleep. So far, we’ve changed over 11 million lives. We are on a mission.
Sleep Number is hiring Helpers to assist Home Delivery Drivers with providing exceptional, personalized, and unforgettable installation, service and education within customers’ home by:
- Assembling the customer’s new Sleep Number bed.
- Cleaning up after yourself and the team.
- This is a full-time position.
- You have to be able to lift and carry 200 pounds with a partner (plus you have to be able to bend over, carry a mattress up and down stairs, climb in and out of a truck)
- Safety is important to us and our customers, so all offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and pre-employment drug screen. You are also required to pass a healthy back assessment.
- We offer Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Yep, a 401K for your retirement
- Monthly Smart Phone reimbursement
- A fantastic employee discount on your very own Sleep Number bed
- Time off with your family so, paid holidays and paid time off
- Bonus plan with quarterly payout opportunity
- Going back to school? We can help with that too, tuition reimbursement available
- ...plus you will join a team of the most committed, dedicated and fantastic people you ever meet
- Ability to communicate effectively
Compensation and Benefits
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) Plan with Company Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Plan with Quarterly Payout Opportunity
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- $1,500 Sign-On Bonus!
- And Much More!
This is the start of something big — because we give our home delivery professionals every opportunity to thrive in their role and beyond. Where will your path take you?
Rewards & Benefits
Home delivery bonus plan with quarterly payout opportunity; 401(k) plan + match
Full benefits within 30 days
Small, close-knit team that’s committed to a common goal: making the customer happy
Paid time off and company holidays
Prepare for future opportunities at Sleep Number with our tuition reimbursement program
Companywide platform makes it easy to give and receive feedback + regular contests and incentives
The Application Experience
Applying for a position with Sleep Number? Here’s a quick overview of the process and some tips to help you be successful.
Complete an online application
Get to know us better
- You’ll spend about 30 minutes talking to one of our recruiters on the phone; they will share more information about our company and culture as well as the role and its requirements. They will also ask some questions about your previous experience.
- You’ll have the chance to talk through your work history, how you’ve made an impact in the past and why you’re interested in joining our team
- Have dedicated time available without disruptions
- Relax and be yourself; we value individuals!
- Take the time to tell your story (work experience, what gives you a sense of purpose at work)
- Spend some time thinking about questions you have for us
- After this step, your recruiter will let you know if you’re moving to the next step
- Congrats! You’re moving ahead in the process and are meeting with the hiring leader and (if applicable) others in the team. Depending on the role, this interview may be in-person or via video chat.
- Tell me about a time you exceeded a customer’s expectations
- Tell me about a time when you had to admit to your leader that you weren’t very good at something.
- Describe when or where you learned the most about your stengths and weaknesses
- Talk with your recruiter about how to prepare
- Relax and be yourself; we value individuals!
- Be on time and dress professionally (even for a video chat)
- Be ready to share how much you’ve learned about Sleep Number
- Spend some time thinking about questions you have about us
We’ll ask you a series of behavior-based interview questions trying to gauge whether you’re a good fit for the role and the team. Here are some examples:
After the interview
- Your recruiter will follow-up so you know what to expect; in some cases, there may be additional interviews
- If you’re selected for the position:
- Your recruiter will work with you on your offer and start date
- Certain roles require additional steps between the offer and start date (e.g., background check); if that’s the case your recruiter will provide more information
- Your recruiter will follow up with you regularly before your first day
About our Location
Brooklyn Park, MinnesotaView